Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
davidmoll

Broken 42 inch mowing deck mount

davidmoll
My mowing deck (1690708)for my 6216 tractor started scrapping the lawn on the right side. Took deck off to inspect and found that the two front bolts for the frame mount support assembly had ripped straight threw the mowing deck causing the front of the deck to be lower than normal. The holes are 1.5 inches wide and plan to use large washers to bandaid fix the deck as the mow/leaf season ends on Thanksgiving weekend. Anyone else had this happen to them. Will bring to weld shop after season is over for permanent repair. Any advise for ensuring new hole spacing is done properly?

GLPointon
There should be a steel bar 1" or so wide and fit inside the front curve of the mower deck. This is what the "front mounts" bolt to thru the sheet metal deck pan. I've never seen that tear thru the deck pan...Is yours missing? If so I and others have old "parts decks" to scroung from...let me know if I can help sm01

GLPointon
Sorry my above description is based on decks for Landlord type RBT's. Looks like your "deck mounts" are on top. should still be some type of backing hardware under the deck pan..?

davidmoll
The parts layout for my deck show the bolt heads mounting directly to underneath the deck shellthat they ripped through. I bandaid fixed them with large washers to rebolt. Worked well and deck is level. I like the idea of a steel plate to reinforce better. I will make one this winter to to obtain more surface support over the washer set up. Thanks Moleman
quote:
Originally posted by GLPointon
Sorry my above description is based on decks for Landlord type RBT's. Looks like your "deck mounts" are on top. should still be some type of backing hardware under the deck pan..?