Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
merlinct7

Another Spout Rotator Idea

merlinct7
When I installed my electric spout rotator, I wanted to use the stock control rod spool. Because of the cable angle resulting from the spool being closer to the spout, however, the cable had a tendency to run off the back of the spool. This was my solution:

I picked up a small SS "preparation bowl" at the local supermarket and drilled a 1/2" hole in the bottom. Not having any welding gear, I then made a 1/8" steel washer 2" in diameter and a collar/set screw to fit. The washer and collar hold the bowl firmly in place. Looks funny but works great. No more cable tangles. Bob

SmilinSam
I was having the same trouble when I hooked mine up a few weeks back. I ended up reversing the cables so the back side winds off the top of the drum instead of the bottom, and the front winds off the bottom of the drum. Seems to have fixed the problem. if it returns, I know what to do nowdOd

D-17_Dave
All this is fine based on the premise that you have enough snow to actually blow. I missed my chance a few years back in 4"s. This year I'll be ready....To stay in the shop where it's warm that is.^:D

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Brettw
    • BAP
    • Milfordj
  • Today's Birthdays

1. B10Dave
      B10Dave
      (69 years old)
  • Recent Status Updates

• dav-1

dav-1  »  Talntedmrgreen

Over a year ago, you answered a question I had about the tool bar for my FDT. In your reply dated Dec 31, 2019  you said the spacer, part #16, goes in the bar to allow for up and down depth adjustment. does this mean the bolt has to be tightened at whatever depth desired or does the bolt slide up and down, allowing the lower hitch to free float?
         If it is tightened so the lower hitch and the bar are rigid, then is the depth to be controlled by the shoes? Or by the lift handle?
        Is there any kind of user directions for the tool bar? The Outdoor Power Manual basically shows how to assemble the bar but not how to use it
      · 1 reply
    • tribswede

tribswede  »  goatfarmer

ISO a deck for a 6516 H and all the connecting hardware any ideas on where to start?

· 1 reply
  • Adverts