Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

peterinbrooklyn

B12 in for sale section

peterinbrooklyn
Just a heads up that this B12 Listed in Springfield IL Craigslist is about 3 hours south of me and he is asking alot less....I didn't figure this guy is an "active" member here and is just using the site to sell his tractor. Just kinda thought it was NOT COOL

B10Dave
?? Guy registered on Sept.29th. Didn't post ad til Nov. 18th. Why do you have a problem with that? Lots of people on this site who don't post all that often. We don't know how many tractors he has or how deeply he is involved in the hobby but I for one don't see any reason to be upset at him trying to sell an Allis Tractor on an Allis site. Dave.

comet66
quote:
Originally posted by B10Dave
?? Guy registered on Sept.29th. Didn't post ad til Nov. 18th. Why do you have a problem with that? Lots of people on this site who don't post all that often. We don't know how many tractors he has or how deeply he is involved in the hobby but I for one don't see any reason to be upset at him trying to sell an Allis Tractor on an Allis site. Dave.

bowhunt4life
I was interested in the tractor, it is 5 hours from me, but just couldn't justify the drive for the tractor prior to him listing it here. I communicated via phone and email and he was pleasant to deal with. It was on Craigslist for quite a long time with no takers.

Allis_HB112
quote:
Originally posted by peterinbrooklyn
guess I just didn't think that it was right to list it here for more than what he wants from some Joe smoe on craigslist. It should be the other way around!
I got to agree with that. I've sold the steering eccentric pins for the B series AC tractors and the similar Landlord tractors, both here and on ebay. Now I've got the repro foot rest pads available, both here and on ebay, also. BOTH times I've had better pricing here for fellow members than what my ebay prices are for non-members. But I also agree that we know there's room for negotiation, as there should be on something like that. Offer him $450!