Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Snowblower Resto/Spout Rotator Fab (Redo Finished)

GLPointon

This is the E-Bay Snowblower I showed a few weeks ago. I also bought a window motor from E-Bay for $10+shipping to use as a spout rotator.

Cut some spacers from 3/8" steel pipe so it will mount level.

I used a pc. of heavy rubber hose to transition from the motor gear to the conduit (cable winder). I had a small ball bearing set to use at the top of the conduit.

Had to weld on a bolt for a new cable attachment. It must be on opposite side of spout from rotator to give full range of rotation...

Tested operation...Works awsome!

I am sanding and will be ready for Primer & Paint today... Will post Final Pics tomarrow...Thanks

The spring is a great idea. I think I'll add that. To answer NandoG : I can raise it with out hitting the hood...I'm not That Stupid But opening/tilting the hood WILL hit: Evidently I AM that stupid...never even thought of it...LOL Thanks guys...I always value opinions/advice. that should be why we do this forum sm01
quote:
Originally posted by D-17_Dave
Very nice. Maybe add a spring to the extra bolt welded to keep the tension on the cable nice and tight.

I finished the sanding, priming & painting...Decal order arrived just as the paint dried.

THEN...I came in & ck'd the forum. Thanks NandoG for the headsup on the clearance issue. I knew it would clear the hood but it concerened me enough to make sure...

I decided to change it anyway...all it took was a few new holes & a bit more paint to touch-up...

By moving the rotator this close I needed to wind the cable in a figure 8 pattern to give it the full range of rotation.

I ran electricals from a Polarity-Revesing switch on the dash for left & right rotation. I installed an Electric Lift in the tractor this past summer... Well it passed full test trials: IT has full motion left, right, up & down with no clearance or mechanical issues...I very happy with it for a first try (& 2nd try)sm01 p.s. Here's a shot of my old Snowblower too, I painted it last summer but I just got new decals for it also...

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Chris727
    • littlemarv
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts