Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
dave7016

anyone got a 2 stage snowblower on a sovereign?

dave7016
Just wondering if anyone has a 2 stage on there sovereign and how it works. Is it worth it? I am fairly happy with my single but I love watching my 82 yr old neighbor on his legacy with 2 stage eat snow without any issues and throwing it 50'.

dave7016
my issue is we get 5-6' drifts and the single just doesn't seem to throw high or far enough, my old neighbor go's right through the stuff. I am hoping my 7117 does better than my old 7016 did since I now have the newer hitch and long belt.

DanD
quote:
Originally posted by dave7016
my issue is we get 5-6' drifts and the single just doesn't seem to throw high or far enough, my old neighbor go's right through the stuff. I am hoping my 7117 does better than my old 7016 did since I now have the newer hitch and long belt.
Here are a couple of videos of my two Sovereigns working with the single stage blower. It throws farther the more snow you have going into the thing. ALso, I see no difference in performance between the front PTO setup and the mid PTO. [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdjUH3UzRkQ [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pg2Gmq2EjLA

RayS
You can get a 5" pulley at a farm store. Just make sure you get the correct bore diameter. Mike (Burntime) claimes you don`t need a different belt because of the adjustable idler on the side plate. I haven`t put one on my blower because mine throws it plenty of distance for me. I do know that my 36" blower with the 5" pulley that I used on the HB 212 would throw the snow further.