Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

My toys

rbstuartjr

I just wanted to say thankyou guys for your help with my tractors. I have been lurkin for a while and finally decided to become a member and support this great site. So in the spirit of things, I decided to post picture of what my wife described as my adult toys. On is a AC910 that has be in the family since 1985. It has since been repowered with a Kohler 321 14 horse which i rebuilt. It is relegated to mowing with 42" deck and snowblowing with the 42" blower. The second one is my project tractor. It started life as a 914 Shuttle, but is powered with a K241 out of the 910. which has been rebuilt. I put Deestone Ags on it as well as using a Farmall Cub exhaust stack. The deck on it has been comletely rebuilt with many cracks welded, as well as new bearings. I was impressed, that little 10hp motor can get thet front wheels off the ground. Right now she has mowing duties at my small vinyard. Thanks again for all help out on this site.

Thanks guys. I am going to make a bracket for the stack. Unfortunately when i took the block to the machine shop, i never removed the studs. Well they did, and I never got them back. So I went to the hardware store to pick up 4 studs at $7 dollars a piece. I put them in, and when I torqued them, down after running the motor for 15 minutes the, the first one broke right off at 30 ft-lbs. So I pulled all the studs and am currently using grade 8 bolts instead. So now comes the stack support, which I was going to use 1/8 inch flat stock for, and use the stud for the mounting point. I'll figure something out, cause i don't want to crack the block.

Here is my exhaust bracket, made from 1/4 inch flat stock. It is bolted with two head bolts to the block. Nice couple of tractors you have. I used the Allis B muffler on mine, but I understand the cub one is quieter. I do like mine tho. Steve

That's a nice looking stack as well, Steve. Thats also a beefy bracket on there. I just made a simple bracket. I pulled one of the head bolts out and carefully replaced it with one of the studs I had. I then took an 1/8 inch piece of flat stock and bolted one side to the head and the othe to a second muffler clamp that I placed above the one on muffler. Pictures to follow.