Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Getting ready for snow

larry8200

quote:
Originally posted by osenga
Well looks to me you have a good start to being ready . I just keep saying I should get my blower on but haven't yet.
I keep chains and the remote adjustable spring trip blade year round, and normally swap over at thanksgiving. BUT we got 14" of snow the last Sunday in October which forced me to put the blower on the B210 early.

just waiting for snow here too. Got the tractor ready with 42" blower, cab, a bunch of new lights, chains and weights on. Also got my New to me Yamaha track driven snowblower ready as a back up and it fits in my dog kennel. Now I hear 60 degrees this week!!!! That sucks!

Ive got my 210 switched from sickle to spring trip plow as of the Oct snow(Since it has the wheel weights all year for sickle work. As of last week I took the deck off the other one to get the blower mounted/finalized. Same blower as that first one you have pictured but on the 64LL;). Those headlights on the 210 of yours must be good with snow work, nice high angle8D

Looks good Larry. Have both of mine ready for duty. 725 to plow and 2012 for blowing. I hope the blower lasts I noticed that the socket at the end of the drive shaft is worn well. Looks to be welded on. The only way to fix it is to find a new socket and shaft. Not able to do that right now so I'm praying that it holds. I,m always impressed with the work you do.

Hey Larry Are those blue thing leaning against the tractor what I think they are. Those were made for women to use are you getting married again,or a girl friend??:D:D I hope you don't plan on using them it real hard on a mans heart.sm02sm02 (That my story and I'm sticking to it.)

X2 Willy:p Since I have 2 or more tracs ready to snowhandle, I've asked my wife and she says she would rather shovel:D I say OKAY.