Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Ya Gotta Love the Fall

simplewrench

While everybody else is putting stuff away and saving up for Christmas. I am happy to pick up the bargains. Yesterday I drove about 70 miles to pick up a pretty descent 7014S for $50 bucks. Gotta love craigslist. This is my first shuttle so I am looking forward to seeing how I like that. Just wanted to share. Have a Happy Thanksgiving all.

Someone added a notch in the frame not sure what it was for.

For 50 bucks I'd have to call the one a BEAUTY. I'd say the notch has to do with getting to the oil fill plug, like mayme it had an older style Briggs in at some point. In fact, in the last pic I think thats a fill plug I see.

Nice find! Maybe the notch was for addapting an older style snowblower engagement lever or something similar through the notch? Dan

That's a great price and find. Picked up my first shuttle this fall myself and gotta say it is definitely a lot of fun to play around with once the belts are adjusted right. Good luck with it.

I have an old one I mowed with once. It was fine after the initial (very exact) adjustments. Dont know how they are at tilling/plowing/pushing/etc... but for $50, Wow!! you have nothing but possibilities...

Finally got my lazy butt out to look at the ole gal again and the notch in the frame is behind where the pulley is mounted.