Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Thanksgiving morning find

ngale65

Picked up this simplicity this morning in ohio. 5 hours round trip, still home by lunchtime. original owner, unrestored, with rear weights and a stinger. came with all the original books and a engine gasket set. mower deck is junk but otherwise a nice tractor.

its a 3112 so a 12hp engine, already put it back in, runs good. he took it apart to start restoring it, lost interest, you know how that goes. The deck unfortunately has some rust holes, the covers and side discharge shoot are good if anyone needs them, deck also had like new blades. I may sell the rear weights ($140 shipped) since i have a few sets already. anyone know what the compression should be on a briggs?

one cylinder Briggs of any size is anything over 90 compression for a good reliable engine. The basic compression test for Briggs and Stratton engines is carried out by turning the engine backwards. This ensures that the engine's compression release mechanism does not falsify the diagnosis. all though Briggs hasn't published compression specs They do recommend a leak-down test to check an engine for any problems.

Greg, 42" unfortunately. if you need anything off the tractor let me know, already tore it apart to get some parts i needed for my 3112H. A guy in OR wanted the engine so i'm shipping that out. I was reading a few of your posts, you do some great restoration work. i like those plows you redid. your not selling any of those are you?

Only the 42" Simplicity plow pictured on my Profile page/Gallery Pics...sm01 Awsome Tractor find/deal Nate...Was a Very good holidaydOd
quote:
Originally posted by ngale65
Greg, 42" unfortunately. if you need anything off the tractor let me know, already tore it apart to get some parts i needed for my 3112H. A guy in OR wanted the engine so i'm shipping that out. I was reading a few of your posts, you do some great restoration work. i like those plows you redid. your not selling any of those are you?