Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

67 B10 Mid PTO Idler Pulley

Mike-GA

Can someone tell me how the idler pulley assembly is attaced to the PTO bracket? The idler pulley on my B10 is loose/sloppy and rubs the drive pulley when I engage the deck.

sounds like you have too long of a belt and out of adjustment. side PTO is 35" belt and 44.1" belt to deck. must be correct belt size's and adjustments to work correctly. here is the manual for adjustments http://bsintek.basco.com/BriggsDocumentDisplay/default.aspx?filename=heCyEN8cuI0rE3CG.5kbp796Dq

The rocker pivot that it rides on in the main body of the pto does wear out also. I just redid that on my main mower with some 3/8 bushings. The idler side of the shaft gets worn to a notch and the hole gets oval pretty bad too. Check your belts first, but also check for excess play by grabbing the pulley and wiggling it.

Dentwizz, That is what I believe is going on with my PTO. When I grab the idler pulley the whole assembly wiggles. The rod that the pulley bracket mounts to is loose in the PTO bracket. How did you fix yours?

At Tractor Supply(or equivalently stocked hardware) they sell a 3/8 I.D. bronze bushing with a shoulder. Remove all the shafts that slide or rotate, drill the holes to the appropriate hole size which will be snug. Tap the bushings in with a hammer, lightly while considering what the primary sliding directions will be. On the upper link(where the handle is) the bushings should be facing with the flanges against the spring, on the body that the idler rotates on, they should go with flanges outward. Run a drill bit through the bushings afterward and be sure to file the shafts smooth/round. When you are all done it should have almost no play and move smoothly.