Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

46" Spring Trip Dozer Blade - Redo...

GLPointon

I got this from Craigslist a while ago. Finally got it repaired and ready for snow. (Almost...)

The prev.owner broke a bolt off, so he just welded the shoe to the blade: ngr2

Couldn't get broken bolt out w/an Easy-out so I had to drill thru it & retap the threads:

My Sons bought me this D.A.Sander last month. The fastest sanding tool I've ever used:

All done...Except the dreaded missing "control rod" again. I will have to make another one like I did here: http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=118636

Here's the Blade for the B210 I restored last summer (its dirty). I put this A/C decal on it. Cant find an original pic of a 46" Dozer Blade showing the OEM decal...

Talntedmrgreen
Looks great Greg! Ever figure out what that extra 'arm' was on your hitch? I love my 46...can't believe how many years I went with a 42 and the dance of getting off the tractor to change blade position, back on, plow, back off, change position, back on, plow... :o)

Talntedmrgreen
I think I see more hours behind one of these, than with any other implement. They are my preferred method for snow removal, and avoiding my wife after work.%:)

Josh I'm not sure but I think that "arm" was maybe the begining of an actuator or hydro set-up to angle the blade??? Thats why I left it. Looks like a cylinder could attach to it?? And I to spent my boyhood hoppin on & off my Dads A/C 312 to angle the blade...But it was still a blast!
quote:
Originally posted by Talntedmrgreen
Looks great Greg! Ever figure out what that extra 'arm' was on your hitch? I love my 46...can't believe how many years I went with a 42 and the dance of getting off the tractor to change blade position, back on, plow, back off, change position, back on, plow... :o)