Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Brinly Plow and 7790 Diesel

RayS

What a blast for the full 15 minutes it took to do this. I have another little garden plot to try on in a little while. So much fun I was thinking about doing the back yard:D. Seriously I am going to check into a plow day somewhere. Not sure if I have it setup correctly. I used BLT`s instruction, but set the back off the ground off the ground a inch. Was having so much fun I don`t know if I even have the coutler blade set correct. It rained here Tuesday and Wednesday and the ground is wet. No rain yesterday so I gave it a try this morning at 7:40 am and was done by 8:00 am. Time flies when your having fun. The diesel didn`t even hesitate in the wet soil and it looks like it is between 6 - 7 inches deep. This is my first time ever at this and looking forward to the next time. No wheel weights or chains. Just my Carlisle Super Lugs.

According to the Brinly manual I should have the pin in the first hole because of the wheel spacing. I had to put the 1/4" X 2" X 6" flat steel between the hitch and the plow because of this though or the adjusting bolt on the left side wouldn`t touch the plow. I guess it is time to order the stabilizer plate to solve that issue.

If you use one of the other two holes that will assure you that your getting a full 10" cut, you could have a 1 or two inches of the plow that might be riding in the furrow that's not cutting. Your pictures look fine. Look at you rear view picture, it would just move everything over to the left looking from the back. Look Ray no fences to deal with, you need to find a Plow Day.:p:p

Though that green grass don't look right at thanksgiving Ray the plow job looks good. You do need to find some real sandy soil or a whire wheel to clean the rust off the plow though. Same affect as a new paint job of a snow blade.

Tim, it wasn`t bad as I thought it would be for the first time. I wire wheeled it yesterday and it got alot cleaner as it was pulling through the dirt. Should I try a different hole on the plow? The manual states "Your 10 inch Plow will generally work best at a depth of 5 to 6 inches." Jeff, you mean 10" wide correct?

Correct Ray the width, Lay a 2" x 4" or something on the inside of the back tire. Pull it towards the plow, does it hit the corner of the cutting edge? if it does now you can move the pin one or two more spots , therefore getting a full width cut. Everyone does it a little different , and you really can't do it wrong. I use the center one, no stabilizer plate, and no coulter. Do what works best for you and have fun, you did a great job.sm01

Good job "farmer Ray"...now you need a disc and a planter. That looks like a blast. When I was a kid my neighbor plowed and planted over 1/2 an acre with his B12. He was a welder at the Allis Chalmers factory here in LaPorte. He owned every attachment they made for these tractors...was educating for me to watch them all Cool Plow///I want one sm01

Looks like a ball Ray...Just somethin about turnin the earth that fires a guy up! I can't imagine how nice that diesel must pull!

Sure looks a good time, I wanted to start a new garden this fall with my Brinley plow, but the ground froze.. and is snow covered WaahHH!! LOL The one (accidental) test plow I did with my B210 pulled the plow 20' through my front lawn pretty much effortlessly... :( Thanks for the pictures.

quote:
Originally posted by larry8200
Sure looks a good time, I wanted to start a new garden this fall with my Brinley plow, but the ground froze.. and is snow covered WaahHH!! LOL The one (accidental) test plow I did with my B210 pulled the plow 20' through my front lawn pretty much effortlessly... :( Thanks for the pictures.
Larry, trust me, you'll have plenty of time in the spring to establish a garden. By the looks of it, all you nor'easters got an early winter.

quote:
Originally posted by MPH
So Ray, did it make the front end come up like tree stumps/roots do my '64?
Not really it jerked pretty good but popped right out.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• a_sannine
    • Snojetter
    • GregB
    • mbsengineer
    • Chris727
    • simplewrench
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts