Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Finally added another to the stable!

Nuzzy

It's not that I don't love my repowered 912H, it's just that it's only one tractor, and we all know that simply isn't enough! Really got tired last year of constantly swapping back and forth between blower and plow, not to mention dropping the deck every time I wanted to get back in the woods during the mowing season... Well hopefully now I can avoid all that mess :D I've missed out on a couple tractors recently on CL, so I jumped when this lil guy popped up last night: running 7116H w/ hydro lift, blower, plow, and deck. Needs a battery (which I have) and a starter gear, but fires right up with a rope and runs fine. Now I'll admit, it looked a little beat in the pics, and showing up there, my suspicions were confirmed and then some! I can only imagine the old driver of this tractor was legally blind, or liked playing bumper cars. That being said, for the price I couldn't complain about, I loaded her up and came home with a smile. [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/t5FwS.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/c0TcP.jpg[/IMG] I was surprised to find a front PTO on the (what I'm assuming is a) 16hp Briggs; I didn't think any of the 7100s came w/ front PTO. Though who knows the true history of this thing... The blower hitch supplied that they'd been using was the mule drive setup for a front PTO. I'll grab the SNs tomorrow and see what exactly I've got. As for the tins, I knew the seat deck was going to be bad, and was planning on swapping the one off my parts tractor. However, after looking this thing over, I'm pretty sure there isn't a straight panel or unmolested frame section on it! So I'll likely just be swapping the motor/rear end/hydro lift over to my mostly clean and straight parts tractor frame. [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/JDozQ.jpg[/IMG] Regardless, hopefully it doesn't prove too much of a pain. I'm happy to give this Briggs a go considering my bad luck with the K301 and K321 Kohlers and I'm certainly excited to finally have a hydro lift :J

Glad to see a member grabbed it! I chatted with him a bit over the past few days, but just don't have the room and have a hard time convincing myself to tie up funds on an RBT. It was a steal though! That dang 16 Briggs and the fornt PTO you mentioned had me droolin...but the wife is finally parking in the garage again, and I'd be sleeping there if I brought home another machine. :)

Seems like all the other Simplicities I've been seeing pop up lately were shuttles, or manual lifts, or lower hp, or... Not saying there's anything wrong with any of those attributes, but they just weren't what I was looking for at this time. Thus, I was willing to overlook some of visual detriments of this particular little guy :Q Glad you passed on it 'cause now I get to end search mode and start new project mode! :D As for that front PTO, I keep having this nagging thought in the back of my head, wondering if it could be mated to a frame mounted belt driven hydraulic pump for a wood splitter (or other such fun hydraulic powered toys)...

Oh, Im sure something could be rigged up, pretty easily too. I've seen WH's with such a setup, but they run off the RH side, then out front. With the front PTO, I'm sure you could do it =] And when you do, I might have to borrow it! Looks like we're a stone's throw away! I hear ya on the searchin...I'm NOT searchin, but I can't help but look, and that one was eating me alive! I was releived when the listing was deleted. I had made up my mind to go get it this morning, and I even called from my treestand twice...no answer }:) Any interest in selling the dozer? I have no idea what I would have done with it...I have 9 spread all over my place and at in my parent's barn. Dang Craigslist...

Craigslist is the devil! The guys give me crap all the time at work because I can't help but constantly scan it every day at lunch. Even when I'm not looking for something, you just never know what treasure you didn't know existed might be out there! hahaha I had called the guy last night saying I'd be up to GR in the morning to get it; called him again early this morning to say I was on my way with cash in hand. I had missed a 7114 down in Valparaiso yesterday along with another tractor in Zeeland and was really hoping I wouldn't make it a failed 3 for 3! Unfortunately I know this is only the beginning of the sickness; I really like the looks of the FDTs and I'm sure will only be able to hold off for so long... Though if we don't get a new couch before another tractor, my wife may legally and validly kill me! :Idz

quote:
Originally posted by Talntedmrgreen
Any interest in selling the dozer?
Hmmmm, possibly... Have to do some thinking on what implements may be useful to have spares vs what may just take up space...

The front PTO`s were a option on the 900 & 7100`s as well. I bought a 7116H last winter in Caledonia, not far from Josh that was set up the same way. They used a longer engagement rod than is used on a 700 - 7000 series. Got 5 or 6 of them when I bought a bunch of parts from a dealer that went out of business.

Interesting Ray. Seems I learn something new every time I log on here :) May have to try it out and see how it compares to my other blower/hitch running mid PTO.

I'm not up on my RBT's, but always thought it was strange how they went away from the front PTO, and moved to the looooong belt back to the mid. Was it simply to eliminate the need for the PTO assemblies up front?

Guess I'm back parking outside for a few :( Brought both the new and the parts tractors into the garage to figure out my game plan. One thing's for sure: the new tractor was most definitely rolled hard at some point in it's life! Trying to decide how big a project I want to tackle now vs just running it and swapping everything in the spring.

quote:
Originally posted by Talntedmrgreen
I'm not up on my RBT's, but always thought it was strange how they went away from the front PTO, and moved to the looooong belt back to the mid. Was it simply to eliminate the need for the PTO assemblies up front?
More than likely. All the parts needed to move up front are in the manual linked below. The long belt last longer in my opinion. I have a manual front PTO. I plan to use it on my 900 series tractors to engage my EZ Rake when I am finished with it in the spring. http://bsintek.basco.com/BriggsDocumentDisplay/default.aspx?filename=jgEDGP_byN1tG_Exj7mRgtLvBCd6