Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
bud119195

Yeah I know Another spout rotator

bud119195
This is my spout rotator that i came up with on the old 707 Broadmoor. I used a GM motor a 3/4" socket a swivel and a extension

I also used the power window switch form the vehicle I got motor from

And I thought as log as I am at it I should weld up some new shoes for it also

All total I got $10 spent doing this. Should be nice not having to turn rod

GLPointon
Good design...I like the U-joint & motor bracket, looks sturdy...Nice also good job on the "skid shoes" I need to make a set too. Was gonna buy 'em till I saw this...thanks for the idea sm01

BLT
Todd, cut out the round part (body) of an empty bleach bottle and then insert that between the blower outlet and the spout. That will help cut down the friction when the spout is turning. JohnMBerst where are you? Here's another idea.:D

JohnMBerst
Right here, looking and learning. Looks a bit late for this year, but hope to gather the parts and be ready for the next go around. Deciding if I do add the motor/turner, if it will be as handy as having the manual handle close to the lift arm....perhaps mount on top of it to toggle with my thumb.......like a bit of a joy stick. Ideas working toward reality... Thanks Bobsm01 Turner posted looks very good and well done!:D

JohnMBerst
Todd, I used the bleach bottle last year, and it worked great. No more metal on metal, and turned very well. Included a photo of the chute area, the white ring is the plastic bleach bottle. I did have to cut a "V" sideways for it to fit, as was a bit too snug to fit. Left me with about an 1/8" gap, so not a problem.

Michiganmobileman
Good job, I like the swivel idea, wish I would have thought of that before I made mine. Did you run the wire inside the loom on the lift arm? Another good idea.dOd Way to go! Any snow yet??

bud119195
quote:
Originally posted by Michiganmobileman
Good job, I like the swivel idea, wish I would have thought of that before I made mine. Did you run the wire inside the loom on the lift arm? Another good idea.dOd Way to go! Any snow yet??
Yes I ran wire through the wire loom. And no we dont have snow yet, Hopefully I wont have to us blower sooner than I have to

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online (See full list)

• deebig
    • GregB
  • Today's Birthdays

No users celebrating today
  • Recent Status Updates

• dav-1

dav-1  »  Talntedmrgreen

Over a year ago, you answered a question I had about the tool bar for my FDT. In your reply dated Dec 31, 2019  you said the spacer, part #16, goes in the bar to allow for up and down depth adjustment. does this mean the bolt has to be tightened at whatever depth desired or does the bolt slide up and down, allowing the lower hitch to free float?
         If it is tightened so the lower hitch and the bar are rigid, then is the depth to be controlled by the shoes? Or by the lift handle?
        Is there any kind of user directions for the tool bar? The Outdoor Power Manual basically shows how to assemble the bar but not how to use it
      · 1 reply
    • tribswede

tribswede  »  goatfarmer

ISO a deck for a 6516 H and all the connecting hardware any ideas on where to start?

· 1 reply
  • Adverts