Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Yeah I know Another spout rotator

bud119195

This is my spout rotator that i came up with on the old 707 Broadmoor. I used a GM motor a 3/4" socket a swivel and a extension

I also used the power window switch form the vehicle I got motor from

And I thought as log as I am at it I should weld up some new shoes for it also

All total I got $10 spent doing this. Should be nice not having to turn rod

Good design...I like the U-joint & motor bracket, looks sturdy...Nice also good job on the "skid shoes" I need to make a set too. Was gonna buy 'em till I saw this...thanks for the idea sm01

Todd, cut out the round part (body) of an empty bleach bottle and then insert that between the blower outlet and the spout. That will help cut down the friction when the spout is turning. JohnMBerst where are you? Here's another idea.:D

Right here, looking and learning. Looks a bit late for this year, but hope to gather the parts and be ready for the next go around. Deciding if I do add the motor/turner, if it will be as handy as having the manual handle close to the lift arm....perhaps mount on top of it to toggle with my thumb.......like a bit of a joy stick. Ideas working toward reality... Thanks Bobsm01 Turner posted looks very good and well done!:D

Todd, I used the bleach bottle last year, and it worked great. No more metal on metal, and turned very well. Included a photo of the chute area, the white ring is the plastic bleach bottle. I did have to cut a "V" sideways for it to fit, as was a bit too snug to fit. Left me with about an 1/8" gap, so not a problem.

Good job, I like the swivel idea, wish I would have thought of that before I made mine. Did you run the wire inside the loom on the lift arm? Another good idea.dOd Way to go! Any snow yet??

quote:
Originally posted by Michiganmobileman
Good job, I like the swivel idea, wish I would have thought of that before I made mine. Did you run the wire inside the loom on the lift arm? Another good idea.dOd Way to go! Any snow yet??
Yes I ran wire through the wire loom. And no we dont have snow yet, Hopefully I wont have to us blower sooner than I have to

Oh yeah, Thanks everyone for the comments, It was a easy thing to make. and I made it so I can switch it to any of the 4 blowers I got in about 5 minutes just incase 1 takes a crap on me