Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

ngale65

Front wheel bearings

ngale65
so i pulled my front wheel bearings and races. does anyone have a good recommendation on where to buy replacements besides the simplicity dealer? i need front and rear bearings and new races. simplicity wants an arm and two legs. the auto parts stores are stumped with the rear bearing and seal combo. any advise would be great or a parts number for federal or something. i know i cant be the 1st one with this issue. thanks

gwiseman
I bought a set of Timken front wheel bearings for Simplicity/Allis round/flat fdt at fraction of cost the Agco dealer wanted. Inside wheel bearing is Timken p/n LM11900LA 902A1. It consists of the cone (bearing) and a seal. You will also need race…p/n LM11910. Got mine from http://www.ibtinc.com/ that has a local office. These guys told me this bearing is common to boat trailers. Looks like they have a distribution ctr in Indy and KY.

Tiny
Couple years back I was at a Reese Hitch display at a Home Depot or Menards. They had them in a blister pack on the rack for boat trailers and such. Decent price too but can't remember now what it was. Probably more expensive than a bearing place but talk about convenient.