Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Tiller to Blower

B10Dave

:D Got a little snow this morning so I thought maybe it is time to get at least one tractor ready for snow removal duty. Changed over one BigTen and need to put a battery from a summer tractor in the other one. All ready except for oil change and belt stops on blower drive belt. Mounting the cab I got from Larry will take a little longer.:O Dave.

This one needs the battery.

Wow nice set up. Nothing like a dusting of the white stuff to make us realize it comes back every year. I think you have enough weight:D, Love that rear stinger and them chains look pretty shiny laying on the floor;), looks like they need some breaking in.

:O:O Greg, actually this will be the third season for that set of chains. Tractor lives in my heated shop so they dry off after every use. Gravel driveway doesn't seem to scuff them much. No rust to be found. Dave

:D:D Aaron. It is a 1610B Cargostar cabover. Just a little guy. 345c.i. gas engine; straight 4spd. box and single speed rear end. Wheelbase is shorter than my Quadcab Dakota. Traded a 914H AC for it. Only has about 44k miles and no rust!!. Not bad for a 1977 truck. Dave.

Nice truck. My dad and I had the opportunity to get the same exact thing last spring. But it had the DV-550 in it. We were going to pull our farm tractors and trailer to shows. But we passed when we watched the owner start it on ether because it wad cold. Glow plugs tend to not appreciate that lol.

quote:
Originally posted by B10Dave
:D:D Aaron. It is a 1610B Cargostar cabover. Just a little guy. 345c.i. gas engine; straight 4spd. box and single speed rear end. Wheelbase is shorter than my Quadcab Dakota. Traded a 914H AC for it. Only has about 44k miles and no rust!!. Not bad for a 1977 truck. Dave.
I like those round hood fdt but yep, that binder truck is something too. Would be a great truck to shuttle machines to shows.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Chris727
    • simplewrench
    • Tom45
    • Ronald Hribar
    • gmiller
    • fulltimeraye
    • SmilinSam
    • PhanDad
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

I am having ankle replacement surgery Monday 4/8 and will be away from ST business for a few days till the drugs clear out. Keep reviewing ST and let us know challenges and suggested revisions. gw
      · 3 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
  • Adverts