Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sears-Simplicity

GLPointon

Does anyone know what model & year of Sears tractor was made by Simplicity? Is there a Pic of it out there? What model Simp. was it like? (or was it). I've never seen one but heard of one (possibly) for sale. How long were they made? Who has one???

To the best of my knowledge IIRC there wasn't any Sears- Simplicity. There was however a Simplicity Montgomery-Wards relationship that began in the late 50's and lasted lnto the mid 60's. Products with commonality were some walk behinds and the early to mid 60's 4 wheeled tractors. M-W called their's a GardenMark early twins were the 700 & 725 models, both were the same shade of red/orange. Later models were still GardenMarks from M-W but were painted Bronze with black accents, twins to Simplicity's Landlord, and Allis B10 models. And I have none of the M-W tractors. :O

NONE! :Y david bradley made the early sears tractors now AYP makes them the last i knew. wards garden mark squire. same as a simplicity landlord
[img]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l226/perry71/NOV002.jpg[/img]

quote:
Originally posted by ReedS
To the best of my knowledge IIRC there wasn't any Sears- Simplicity. There was however a Simplicity Montgomery-Wards relationship that began in the late 50's and lasted lnto the mid 60's. Products with commonality were some walk behinds and the early to mid 60's 4 wheeled tractors. M-W called their's a GardenMark early twins were the 700 & 725 models, both were the same shade of red/orange. Later models were still GardenMarks from M-W but were painted Bronze with black accents, twins to Simplicity's Landlord, and Allis B10 models. And I have none of the M-W tractors. :O
There was also a Montgomery-Wards Twin Twenty (Powermax) built in the early 70's. John U

Someone earlier this year posted pictures of ConQuest/ Prestige types made for Sears which were black with yellow snapper decks(ie have wheels on the corners rather than a roller bar)

I believe some of the ZTR's sold under the Sears Craftsman name were Simplicity. For the most part, AYP, Roper, Murray, and AMF supplied Sears badged tractors over the years.

quote:
Originally posted by SmilinSam
Someone earlier this year posted pictures of ConQuest/ Prestige types made for Sears which were black with yellow snapper decks(ie have wheels on the corners rather than a roller bar)
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_07125007000P?prdNo=7&blockNo=7&blockType=G7 http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_07125006000P?prdNo=6&blockNo=6&blockType=G6 Sears graciously refers to the Simplicity type tractor as a "Briggs" Tractor. http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_07164428000P?mv=rr Pardon me, I think I'm getting ill.XX(sm00sm00:D:D

Tim, those do look like a newer type Simplicity, but are they, or did they just copy the style/features/etc..? Not sure what the ZRT's are also... I do remember seeing the black & yellow "Briggs" tractors Still not sure if any were actually built by Simplicity sm00?

Yes, Briggs/Simplicity made the Prestige for Sears. Don't think they sold too many cause people don't go to Sears for a GARDEN TRACTOR. It didn't have the the Simplicity mower and was a Snapper version although Simplicity tells my dealer that the cheaper version of decks used on some Conquests are made by Simplicity and not a Snapper. The Sears Prestige also has the 30HP Briggs motor and not the Kohler. Of course the 2012 Prestiges have the 30HP Briggs now. Maybe its a sign of things to come. Cheaper decks and all Briggs engines???? Sure hope they don't as this would force me to go GREEN.:(!CXX(:(

I know at the last Simplicity tour attended by a bunch from here they were building a walk behind Sears that was black right before our eyes on the production line. At the time they were putting the decals on. I think it was a 42 or 48" deck. It was black.

Wow... Nice lookin tractor, but I still like RED better. I guess anything to keep Simplicity going. I'll take a Simplicity anyday. I asked my dealer why he has only 1 Simplicity on the showroom floor & he says he doesnt even push the brand because he can sell someone a Kabota with more features for less money :Y:OB) Traitor! What about quality/brand loyalty... Thanks guys for all the info...sm01

That 54" deck is actually one of the heavier built decks. Its reinforced all the way around the front, and should withstand a lot more abuse than the old thin deep decks which bend everytime you hit something solid. It is a simplicity deck with gauge wheels instead of rollers but you could put rollers back onto it.

quote:
Originally posted by RayS

[img]/club2/attach/RayS/sears.jpg[/img]
This is a Prestige. I like the colors. Wasn`t much thought in the decal.
But Ray, you can't have a JD seat on a SimplicityXX(XX(XX( A while ago there was only 4 left in the Sears stores around the country. Like I say most people don't go to Sears for a garden tractor. Surprisingly though I have seen Craftsman tools in Ace Hardware and Menards.???

Not a John Deere seat to me!:D They were over $6,000.00 dollars. Not to many people shopping at Sears wanting to spent that much. Especially if they have to pay 29% interest on a Sears card. They would rather spend that much on 2 or 3 craftsman mowers in a 10 year period. I have owned my Prestige now for 10 years. Financing was 0% at the time. I paid $5249.00 for it. My uncle liked it but always by the craftsman mowers. Told me that was a crazy price and that he would stick with his craftsman mowers. Mine still runs great he is on his third one since I bought mine. There is money to be made in stupidity. Sears, MTD and AYP realizes that. I figure it will last me another 10 years or so then I will replace the motor when need and I will probably be dead buy the time it would need it again.

Sears Holdings owns Kmart and a couple other subsidaries, so the Craftsman brand is diluting among outlets just as Simplicity is diluting among other customers. A rose by another color is still a rose...

quote:
Not a John Deere seat to me!:D They were over $6,000.00 dollars. Not to many people shopping at Sears wanting to spent that much. Especially if they have to pay 29% interest on a Sears card. They would rather spend that much on 2 or 3 craftsman mowers in a 10 year period. I have owned my Prestige now for 10 years. Financing was 0% at the time. I paid $5249.00 for it. My uncle liked it but always by the craftsman mowers. Told me that was a crazy price and that he would stick with his craftsman mowers. Mine still runs great he is on his third one since I bought mine. There is money to be made in stupidity. Sears, MTD and AYP realizes that. I figure it will last me another 10 years or so then I will replace the motor when need and I will probably be dead buy the time it would need it again.
:D......:D....^

I couldn't agree more...Why buy a new "plastic tractor" every 5-8 yrs when you can spend a few times more (or less for an older landlord or soveren) & have it last your lifetime then leave it to your kid... [MTD means; Mowsawhile-Then-Dies] I can see a woman or man thats not at all mechanical buying an MTD or other Throw-away tractor because there new, easy to operate, and cheap...and for just cutting grass they work well. But to push snow or any garden work there no good. My first home after married I bought an MTD w/mower & snowplow/chains...The plow was a joke, when the belt got wet it slipped and wouldnt push at all...:Y
quote:

Simplicity has made garden tractors for the Agco name for quite a while. Now that they are switching everything to Massey Ferguson they have dropped the Legacy version cause I suppose it competes too much with their sub-compact.

quote:
Originally posted by GLPointon
Wow... Nice lookin tractor, but I still like RED better. I guess anything to keep Simplicity going. I'll take a Simplicity anyday. I asked my dealer why he has only 1 Simplicity on the showroom floor & he says he doesnt even push the brand because he can sell someone a Kabota with more features for less money :Y:OB) Traitor! What about quality/brand loyalty... Thanks guys for all the info...sm01
Greg, who's the dealer over there anymore? It's not Streiters, I thought they went out of business.

quote:
Originally posted by rokon2813
If I'm not mistaken, there is also a bit of Massey Furgusen Executive series in Simplicity history too.:O
My dad has a late model Regent series tractor badged as a Massey powered by a 16hp vertical Command.

Riggs Outdoor Power...They have been in Valpo for yrs & new store in LaPorte maybe 8-10 yrs ago...They likly put Streiters o/o buisnss. There a Simp.dealer with 1 tractor on floor and a 75th Aniversary Edition up on a loft display...all else is kubota:(!:O
quote:
Originally posted by goatfarmer
quote:
Originally posted by GLPointon
Greg, who's the dealer over there anymore? It's not Streiters, I thought they went out of business.