Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Need help with tires.

dads707

I am needing Carlisle 5.30 X 4.50 X 6, front tires for the early Broadmoor series. Product code 515-0651. They no longer make these tires, but a call to the Company Headquarters revealed they had some leftover stock at a warehouse in Edwardsville, Kansas. My local supplier (Doyles)can't get them from his distributor (American Tire) because they can't order from that warehouse. Other local tire company's say the product code has been taken out of the system, so you can't order a tire the company doesn't list! Does anyone have an insider that can work the system to unlock the doors to the warehouse. I need 5 of these tires.

Dennis, Give me an address of the warehouse. I live less than 10 miles from Edwardsville, Ks. Can go by and talk to them for you. Maybe pickup and ship off for you. My name is Tom Oliver. Send me a PM I can give you my cell #. Tom Oliver

I searched far and wide for the same, finally found some on line, only to later find that size at Northern Tool for a song. I think they were less than $20 ea. Check there first, you might save time and trouble.

Tom, they didn't give me an address, I will try and find it for you. Brett, thanks, they carry the Kenda, or similar, brand, and I don't like them in the least! They are too rounded, and little tread!

Dennis, I have found some information you might be interested in. I looked at a local website for Lawn and Garden parts and supplies. I am posting a link to Carlise's website they had here. http://www.carlisletire.com/products/gripping_performers/stud/index.html look at the bottom of the page It shows the size you were looking for under a different product #. Reference 519067 size 5.30x4.50x6. I believe that was what you were looking for. Hope this helps. I also have a friend that deals in tires, will talk to him tomorrow at coffee and give him the size, he believes he has the sizes available. I will let you know. Good Luck. http://www.lawnparts.com/faq.html Tom Oliver

Dennis, Here is another place quite reasonable like Brett had mentioned. Good Luck. http://www.overstockwheels.com/index.php/tires/sawtooth-industrial.html?p=2 Tom

Here are pics side by side Carlisle vs Kenda. Carlisle is on the left in all pics.

You can see from the pics why I am desperately trying to get the Carlisle tires. Oh Tom, the sawtooth tires are available in my size, not the stud. I will send you a PM with the address and phone of the Carlisle place in Edwardsville. I have tried to call them, with no success.