Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
steve-wis

Finally ready for winter.....

steve-wis
Worked another long week this week, but had time this afternoon to put the blower on the Frankenstein tractor for my backup. Both winter units are now ready for snow.....

Then I got the 616, the two wonderboys (575 and 400) and all the attachments stored for winter in the back shed.....

Goiny to try the ag tires without chains and see how they work, but I got the chains handy just in case. Tomorrow we put up the Christmas lights and stuff, then back to work. Was glad to get the tractors ready today. Steve

timflury
Dang Steve, now you got me thinking about getting some 16x6.50x8 lug tires for me Serf. I have the rims off a 535 I recently acquired. My drive is about the same area as yours, but I have a gentle slope near the road. Oh, yeah. After replacing the transaxle (finally), The Serf is also ready for the snow.

steve-wis
Tim, I will let you know how they work out when we get our first snow. They look kind of small on there with the seat pan raised, but with the weights I am hoping they work ok without chains, but if they don't I have a set for each tractor hanging out back. Should be fun this winter! Steve

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online (See full list)

• PhanDad
    • Brettw
    • s_stephen
  • Today's Birthdays

1. r32ford
      r32ford
      (81 years old)
  • Recent Status Updates

• dav-1

dav-1  »  Talntedmrgreen

Over a year ago, you answered a question I had about the tool bar for my FDT. In your reply dated Dec 31, 2019  you said the spacer, part #16, goes in the bar to allow for up and down depth adjustment. does this mean the bolt has to be tightened at whatever depth desired or does the bolt slide up and down, allowing the lower hitch to free float?
         If it is tightened so the lower hitch and the bar are rigid, then is the depth to be controlled by the shoes? Or by the lift handle?
        Is there any kind of user directions for the tool bar? The Outdoor Power Manual basically shows how to assemble the bar but not how to use it
      · 1 reply
    • tribswede

tribswede  »  goatfarmer

ISO a deck for a 6516 H and all the connecting hardware any ideas on where to start?

· 1 reply
  • Adverts