Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Finally ready for winter.....

steve-wis

Worked another long week this week, but had time this afternoon to put the blower on the Frankenstein tractor for my backup. Both winter units are now ready for snow.....

Then I got the 616, the two wonderboys (575 and 400) and all the attachments stored for winter in the back shed.....

Goiny to try the ag tires without chains and see how they work, but I got the chains handy just in case. Tomorrow we put up the Christmas lights and stuff, then back to work. Was glad to get the tractors ready today. Steve

quote:
Originally posted by stangman1
You've got WAY too much empty floor space there. You really need to get some more tractors.
I agree... Nice cab though.

Dang Steve, now you got me thinking about getting some 16x6.50x8 lug tires for me Serf. I have the rims off a 535 I recently acquired. My drive is about the same area as yours, but I have a gentle slope near the road. Oh, yeah. After replacing the transaxle (finally), The Serf is also ready for the snow.

Why Marty, that green stuff is what we down here call lawn, or more correctly, grass. You probably didn't recognize it without a moose or a mountaintop on it!:Dsm01

Tim, I will let you know how they work out when we get our first snow. They look kind of small on there with the seat pan raised, but with the weights I am hoping they work ok without chains, but if they don't I have a set for each tractor hanging out back. Should be fun this winter! Steve