Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sharing Maynard's Collection

Talntedmrgreen

Figured it would be kinda neat to see where Maynard's collection ended up, since it was a pretty cool gesture on Dan's part to help get his stuff in the hands of club members. As I post, Dan is still on his way to Ray's, and I'll be looking forward to posting my contribution later, and sharing my experience of meeting a few more club members. Guessing he and Ann would be interested to see where his collection now calls home. ;) So, who will be putting his equipment to use?

I have the hb112, it's currently awaiting an engine transplant. I had to pick another engine and do a swap on the 3012, that part is done. Now that I have my leaves picked up I may have time to do the rest!

quote:
Originally posted by GregB
I have the Johnny Box counter weight. 48" deck also. Kent, was Maynard's box the prototype that you had ?
Yes, that is the one and only "Johnny Box" that was ever made, as far as I know...

quote:
Originally posted by osenga
So is this going to include the stuff Dan sold too! On the west trip?
Yes! Absolutetly...I know several guys were able to help LadyAnn, and add to their stable at the saem time. I had a great time meeting Dan and Ray. Both were great guys, who I look forward to chewing the fat with at a show or gathering of any kind sometime soon. I have to thank both of them. Dan for the willlingness to help, Ray for the hospitality, and both for the BS'n :D I was able to bring home Maynard's Carry All, and a Mac shredder. Ray was able to get me a very clean Simplicity cart too. All three were pieces I had been looking for, and will put to good use.
[img]http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff512/talntedmrgreen/IMAG0903.jpg[/img]
Dan also was able to grab a nice B-series E-Z Rake over at Sandy Lake, and bring that my way.
[img]http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff512/talntedmrgreen/IMAG0904.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff512/talntedmrgreen/IMAG0905.jpg[/img]

I seen those green , yellow and white thingys in the truck last night:D From Maynards I got : Pair of 8" mushroom weights ( so I can plow with the front end on the ground:D) Allis Chalmers B series Front Counterweight ( so I can lift the plow out of the ground:D) My old 700 series Seat the one I liked so well that was originally on the HB-116 I sold Maynard. He took it off to install a original B series seat) From Dan I got: 2- 10 HP Briggs Engines with starters One was originally in Kents Big Ten that went to Kirk. the other was Larry8200's. Both these will end up in B-series projects I have going. Pair of 10.50 Carlisle Ag tires on rims probably will go on either the 914H or the B-210 B-112 hood assembly - complete These got stripped, cleaned, and repainted this afternoondOdGoing on the B-110 hybrid project B series Hydrolift Bracket and lever assembly Also going on the Hybrid project Busted B-112 Steering wheel & half dozen B series headlights all needing fixed... I like a challlenge..that and I'm just plain CHEAP:D All going on my 2 yellow project tractors Also got something here in the box that looks like a VOLKSWAGON horn? found in a certain broken Big Ten.. Geeee, I wonder who put that in an AC?:D:D:D

Well I guess I should say that I got the HD tiller and a chipper shredder and a set of tire chains 2 link with ice bars. Should have ordered more but cash got short. talntedmrgreen; I tried to get Dan to trade my easy rake for yours, he said no way.:D

Dan's a stand up guy...I didn't lose any sleep knowing he would be showing off that E-Z Rake all over the midwest. 8D I should have worked on more as well, but I went beyond $reason$ as it was. I'm always game for weights and lights, and now I'm thinkin an engine would be more than just a 'nice-to-have'. Got one a knockin pretty darn bad. Neat to hear how things get passed around!

Those HB's were keepin me up at nite, as was the Johnny Bucket. Glad they got grabbed up...I'm still sleeping in the house thanks to you guys! :O

Maynard's AC generator

and a Simplicity hydrollift are now at home in Missouri.

Thanks Dan for picking, planning, and transporting & Sam for hosting. FYI it was 15* warmer down here upon return.

I'll help this post out a bit for the "shy" members }:) Manuals - somewhere in Massachusetts Johnny Bucket - somewhere in Rhode Island Shredder - Somewhere in Virginia Hydro lift - somewhere in Washington Grader blade - somewhere in Michigan Bits and pieces spread around New York And as mentioned above, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Missouri, and Michigan You are all very welcome :D And since I just woke up, I probably forgot something :I

quote:
Originally posted by Simplicity85
Whos got his tractor with the horn?
that would be the HB 116, now at home at Mikes in Ohio :D

Well I will be posting pics of the 700WB soon as i drop the motor back in it . Had a stuck valve fixed. But pulled the motor tonight due to no spark. hoped it was just points and the cond. but not enough luck. So going to clean up the magnets and coil get the rust off them and see if this works . I say the coil is good had it cranking over while still in the tractor this is after cleaning points and a new cond. and plug. I grabbed the plug and wire and it has some bite to it lol {thats how i figure the coil is good or not } maybe not the best way but works for me . hope to have back in tractor and running by the weekend if everything goes good . might have to get snow cab mounted now since ssnow is starting .

I didn't know his family was selling off his collection. Suppose I should check in here more often. Hope his collection finds good homes.

quote:
Originally posted by rokon2813
I'll help this post out a bit for the "shy" members }:) Manuals - somewhere in Massachusetts
Yep, that would be me. And hopefully relocating to TN next year... Figured they would be much easier to transport! :O:D

Kent, Didn't you sell off most of your tractors when you purchased the PT? Last I knew you only had one tractor left. Or have you been slowly buying the up again? Rick........

quote:
Originally posted by RickS
Kent, Didn't you sell off most of your tractors when you purchased the PT? Last I knew you only had one tractor left. Or have you been slowly buying the up again? Rick........
No, I just sold off the 2012 with loader and Big Ten when I gotthe PowerTrac and initial set of attachments for it. I still have a 3112v and the "matching" HB-216 and a set of implements to share between them -- vac cart, tiller, revitalizer, generator, etc. In fact, I'm just trying to finish up an "upgrade" to the 3112v where I put a 15HP and hydraulic lift in it... the original 12Hp and my left arm were both getting tired. :D I do look forward to the day when I can safely sell the snowblower and cab, though... :D:D

quote:
Originally posted by Kent I do look forward to the day when I can safely sell the snowblower and cab, though... :D:D
Don't mean to rub it in, }:)}:) but according to the wifes friends who recently moved to eastern Tennessee, they set a record there yesterday, 72 degrees. :D:D by the way, she wants to go visit, so hurry up and get down there so I have someone to visit too. ;);)

Now Kent don't rub it in! Especial for those of us living north of you. All kidding aside I hope to follow you south when I retire; although I am thinking North Carolina instead of Tennessee. And when I do that the plow, and snowblowers are going up for sale. Rick.........