Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Firewood with the 4041

Bailey

Haven't posted in some time ..... Out cutting firewood and figured I'd might as well take a few pics.

Could likely get more on a large cart, but I can get just about anywhere with the carryall .....

Handy for delivery straight to the point of use too. Tree was downed by a storm a couple of years ago, so it's in good shape and ready to burn.

I love the setup! Very jealous!! dOd I keep tweaking my own firewooding setup every year, but that looks just about perfect. Thanks for posting it 8D

Andy, You gotta do something about those yellow wheels! Nice pictures, it sure is fun to put those old machines to work. John U

Yep ... the wheels are hideous. But, you know John, this kind of work would be a lot easier with POWER STEERING. Let me know if you need another test mule to perfect your design!!!!!

Andy, I've got feelers out on Craigs list for donor Sunstars or Deutz-Allis with power steering. Keep me in mind if you come across any. I could work a package deal for you, add power steering and paint the rear rims! John U

That is an awsome setup,dOd I love that tractor(except wheel color);) I cant wait for the day I can buy a Powermax/4041/720/718/etc...

Perry did you checkout Levis "luckydog" post? we missed one for sale w/loader :( Andy thats an awsome machine...as Im sure you already know dOd
quote:
Originally posted by perry
that is a nice setup. like to have one of those tractors someday with a loader ^

The loaders are a lot of fun ... and handy as well. Mine aren't nearly as perty as John's, but they get a good workout.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• SmilinSam
    • wsherm
    • Patrick Kelly
    • BLT
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts