Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

snow blower

bobstractors

New guy here that needs some info on a snow blower i just purchased for my 7010 landlord. The id number on the blower is 1690547.I looked it up and it says it will fit my tractor it has a very long belt on it that i believe goes to the center pto. The problem i have is the belt seems to be to long am i doing something wrong ? Do i need a shorter belt. thanks Bob

without any pics of it or further info here are a couple of ideas..check to makes sure the belt is routed correctly around all the pulleys and the tension lever has been pulled back into place after this...if there is a pully missed then that would make it too long..also i think the length of belt u need is 147inches if i am not mistaken...good luck!;)

I'm not positive yours is the same, but this is the mid pto hitch that came with my blower. You can see how the belt goes on. I did not use this set-up. My tractor takes the front pto power amd hitch. I'm looking for the attachments manual, which would show you how the belt runs, but I can't find it on here. Maybe the pic will help.

You need the front hitch a front PTO group in ther pictures above to run the snowblower on a 3300, 3400, 700 & 7000 series tractor. There has been modifications in the past by others to run from the ceter PTO. Do a search of the forums or a archived search and you should find a few post on this topic.

Thank you Ray that is the hitch i have on the blower. where can i get a front PTO for my tractor.I looked on ebay and they have an electric PTO. Would that work.Thanks Bob

here's one on ebay, it is a manual pto. [url]http://www.ebay.com/itm/Simplicity-Allis-Chalmers-Garden-Tractor-Complete-Front-Crankshaft-PTO-Drive-/280782735100?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item415ff486fc[/url]

Wow. He even has the engagement rod and lever for exra cost. Never could figure out why the parts needed to make it work were a extra cost on ebay. Seems like you would sell what was needed to operate it in the same auction. That has always seemed shady to me.

@ray: I'm liking ebay less and less as time goes by, but it's there and it's the right one. I got my hitch from you and my front pto from another club member. I thought both of you were fair. He didn't have the rod and lever, but he did provide me with few pieces to make it work, at no extra charge. Turns out there was a lever on the tractor, and the rod he gave me just needed a few adjustments to fit. I think I paid a hundred for it. I'd rather deal with club members. Are the front ptos really that hard to come by?

Robert, I have disliked ebay for a long time. They get 20 -25% in fees. I didn`t mean to cause a problem. I just figure the lever and rod is part of the PTO and should be sold that way. Not to try to pan handle someone knowing you need it to operate the front PTO clutch at another exspense. Maybe someone else may need the rod and lever but it probably isn`t list in another ad.

Not listed. http://www.ebay.com/sch/backintime3334/m.html?hash=item415ff486fc&item=280782735100&pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&_trksid=p4340.l2562

He says he has one for 1x1/8 shaft or 1 inch what one do i need my landlord has the ten horse motor it came with when it was new.thanks guys just a confused newby lol Bob

Ray i am definatly going to keep an eye on this ebay listing he says he has the one for 1 inch shaft. He has both 1 inch or 1x1/8 thanks again for the info. Bob

Put a parts wanted ad in the club classifieds too. You never know when someone will respond. I put a parts wanted ad in for a Vickers Hydro pump, and guess what? Another club member has the pump I'm looking for for my T-12. If you can wait, you can find a deal. Good luck and have FUN with your tractor. Bob @Ray: Are these front ptos hard to come by?

Jumping in here. I just got a 1690032 42" blower. It came with the hitch for a front PTO. My 7114H does not have the front pto. I have searched the forum and see some have made changes to run from their mid pto. I have tried to find a post on this but have not beeen able to. I would love some help. Snow is in season. I am open to conversion or hitch swaping or front pto purchasing. Mostly though low cost wins. In Michigan I do what most know as have a close relatioship with MARVIN. (unemployed) And yes the front pto is hard to find. I found the same on ebay. My tractor does have all the rear pto stuff and on my wish list is the tiller.

@Steve: Welcome to the club. The mid pto hitch up a few posts is for sale. I put an ad on our for sale implements/attachments section. Ray can tell you if it will work with your tractor and blower. My blower is 1690547, 36". I paid a hundred for the front PTO, a hundred for the hitch, and another hundred for the blower itself. Still cheaper than a new walk-behind blower, and more powerful.

I've seen a guy remove the tractor's engine then list the tractor on E-bay and another auction for the engine...I also find that practice wrong... (my opinion) Your gonna love that set-up, I have a blower on a 7010 with front PTO and it works sweet. My only advise is use Simplicity belt. the cheapo's I tried tended to roll over?? sm01

@Bob, I agree it is a better choice. Mine was $200 for the blower and hitch. If I knew I could sell my hitch, buying the mid pto hitch would not net so much in cost. The hitch in the picture is very different from mine in the way it connects. Mine connects the same place as the mower deck I am leaning toward converting my set-up. Some tips like belt length would be nice. I read the thread that stressed belt alignment even if you have to turn a pulley 180.

I agree with you both. I think the front PTO is a better choice. Simpler, less belt length, less power loss. We'll see. Once again, welcome and have fun!

I contacted the ebay seller about his pto. I did not see the bearing but it may be pressed into the pulley. A paste of the message is next. Dear bud1991-2003, The bearing is in the large disc in the photo. I have the rod assembly but its not included in the auction. I am planning to list it for 35.00 - backintime3334 Click "respond" to reply through Messages, or go to your email to reply ________________________________________ From: bud1991-2003 To: backintime3334 Subject: Details about item: bud1991-2003 sent a message about Simplicity,Allis Chalmers Garden Tractor Complete Front Crankshaft PTO Drive #280782735100 Sent Date: Dec-05-11 15:22:58 PST Dear backintime3334, I have the parts manual for this and it looks to be missing a bearing. Part 30 #164048. Also not including the rod assembly does not seem right, to me. - bud1991-2003

Bob. Your hitch in the classifieds is for 4000 - 6000 series and probably the small frame tractors that are equivalent to those after they went to another body style. I am at work now but can see what it fits when i get home or in the morning.

The success of the mid PTO belt is keeping the flat side belt to ride in the center of the back (flat) side idlers and real tight.. You might have to bring the brackets inline with a couple whacks with of a 4# hammer. That's what I did to mine. Burntime has some single pulley hitches made and they go for $90-$100 plus freight and then you need to buy the flat pulley, pulley spacer and belt guard. If your handy you can do the spacer and belt guard, then all you need is the pulley. The popular belt in this area is a NAPA A-144, 1/2 X 146, an inch shorter then the Simplicity brand, but made out of the same material. If you have a trade account, belt can be had for about $24. Don't settle for any less then Simplicity belt or "A" series belt by 146" long. Any industrial belt dealer has access to them.