Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
jims455woody

Early 60's Broadmoor

jims455woody
Looking for a part for my super reliable Broadmoor. OEM part# is 156261. It's called a shift pivot and found in the two speed pulley group with the snow thrower. Apparently Simplicity doesn't make it anymore, as everywhere I've looked, nobody has it. If anyone can steer me to somebody that has it or can make it, my kids would surely appreciate it as they won't have to shovel as much snow.

steve-wis
Jim, These shift pivots are no longer available, but a couple of guys on here have made their own, as I have also. I would place an ad in the parts wanted and see if anyone has made extras that they are selling. If not, a machine shop can make you a pair and they won't cost much. I don't have any extra myself but could make a pair if you can't find any from the other members. You will have to join the club to post an ad but it is cheap ($10) and very well worth the price. Steve

Talntedmrgreen
I'd be in the market, if someone were doing a run of them. The delrin I got from Tim previously is outlasting my nylon...I'd dare say better than double the life. I do rotate them, as they wear on one side.

jims455woody
Hopefully I'm doing this right as I'm new to forums and computers. I want to thank everyone who responded and have given me hope that I can fix my broadmoor and get it back into service. When I saw your pictures, Tim, with all those shift pivots on the snowman plate, I began to drool. And then you're only a few miles away down Hwy 83. If you thought you would make more, I'd be knocking at your door a half hour after I heard you had some. I will be taking Steve's advice and joining the club as soon as I can figure out how. Also wanted to say that I have two other tractors, a mid 90's Simplicity Broadmoor (this is my main tractor) and a mid 80's Snapper LT16 that I had given up on. Maybe now I can make them as reliable as my old Broadmoor is. I would much rather fix my older stuff than buy new although there is a time when buying new is OK. Thanks again. I have hope.

timflury
Welcome Jim, It looks like I'll get my hands on some Delrin and run another batch. If you're not in a hurry, I can bring them here, http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=118423 or drop them off on the way, or I can drop them in the mail. I charge $10.00 a pair and that includes shipping.

jims455woody
Let me know when they're ready. How do I pay for them? Could I pick them up? I bowl every other Saturday and I bowl on February 18th so I wouldn't be able to attend the "bull session". Also I would be interested in at least two pairs. Gotta have spares. I'll make due till February. Hope it doesn't snow much before then. Thanks again.

timflury
I'll add a photo to the post here of the finished products. I can drop these in the regular mail, they ship just fine in a manilla envelope. I accept PayPal, cashiers check, or money order. Remember, these only wear when in Hi range. They might be done sooner than you think. I'm picking up the stock on my way to work 12/21.

timflury
Jim, I got your email..... I added some information here. http://simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?whichpage=2&TOPIC_ID=109136#359437 We now have a print to reference from for these NLA parts. I encourage all to inspect the dimensions on the original parts and update the thread linked above as needed.