Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
bsadler

Allis 716H K341 Charging System

bsadler
I saw a magnet off of the flywheel of my 16 horse when I started to overhaul it. Can someone check out the pictures and tell if the flywheel is normal? There was no damage internally like there would have been if it flew off. It doesn't look like any magnet has been glued on it either. What about the alternator assembly. This was charging normally before I tore it down. Thanks for the answers on if my two pieces are normal or not.

RayS
I would say you are missing a magnet. In the links below both flywheels have magnets all the way around. Just curious and don`t know if yours would cause a balance issue? http://www.ebay.com/itm/JOHN-DEERE-300-212-214-216-KOHLER-16hp-K341-FLYWHEEL-/380393416192?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item589136e600 http://www.ebay.com/itm/John-Deere-300-Tractor-Kohler-K341-16hp-Engine-Flywheel-/200670471489?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2eb8e46541

sammiefish
that is interesting... someone else here im sure will have more info but that stator isn't familiar to me... the ones Im familiar with have coils all the way around... Is yours a 15 Amp charging system? maybe that stator is for a 3A setup? Im pretty sure the 716 originally would have had a 15A system. there is also a good article not directly related to your question but it still may be helpful to you if you havent already seen it. http://simpletractors.com/service/kohler_electrics.htm

bsadler
I think Sammiefish's web URL link answers all the questions. It explains the 5 magnet flywheel. I know it is at least a 10 amp system. You all have been a big help. I don't think this engine has been into before. The wires on the stator are the same color. Bob

RayS
quote:
Originally posted by boox
Ray did you also notice the guy with the 3 amp stator has a 5 magnet flywheel? Makes me wonder...
No, I didn`t notice. I didn`t read the item description. I just typed in "kohler stator" on a ebay search. That does explain it though. Makes you wonder what?