Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Turned out to be a GOOD day

osenga

Well I got to work on the 700WB. This is the one I got from Dan. It started out I had no spark . So I cleaned up the points put in new pplug cond. then I rebuilt the carb and gave it a good cleaning. Yes time to try to start it . Nothing . put little gas in plug hole it popped over thats it. Then I pull the head off yep the exhaust valve is stuck open. I have no clue. So I asked zippo how to fix, and all to say he told me how to fix it and it was up and running once again . All I can say is thanks for this site and what great people we have here oh ya this is the most motor work I have done on one yet LOL

Why yes it is . And much great help here always . And have meet several of the members. But it was a great time when zippo was at my place and while he was here just doing so BS I could not believe how much I learned and what some of the stuff that I just have just never thought of and all and can't wait to meet some other members also but I can say it is so nice when you have a face to put with a person that we get to talk to on the site and all

Talntedmrgreen
It's one thing to read, and even see pics to learn some of the things these old tractors need, but it's another completely to have someone show you in the flesh. You're lucky to have that opportunity! One thing that spooks me is engine work...anything external I can handle with know-how or trial and error, but opening one up and doing quality work is something I'd love to have someone SHOW me how to do. Use of the right tools, proper process and checks, installation fo parts, etc. Maybe a 'work shop day', like a plow day but with more grease and maybe indoors during the off-season? 8O)

First off, thanks Brian!! It was my pleasure going out to the wind farm and seeing all of your projects. The eats and company were top notch and I'm looking forward to the next meeting. I haven't been on much due to new health issues, but for all who might have a question or problem with something, I encourage you to go to my youtube channel and check out my many self help videos. It started with a request a couple years ago and it's turned it self into a rather enjoyable way for me to help others. Here is the link to my youtube channel and as I've said before, never hesitate to request something. Link [url]http://www.youtube.com/user/ZippoVarga?feature=mhee[/url] Cheers!! And thanks again for the compliments. They are humbling and it's MY pleasure to help those in need.