Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
B10Dave

Sunday shop time.

B10Dave
Today I took care of a few little jobs in the shop. I moved the battery from my 2012 to the BigTen with the snow blade. Next I used one of Dan's [Rokon] ideas to strengthen the axle tube where it usually lets go on the B series. This is on my BigTen blower tractor.

I then moved on to replacing the blown out muffler on the 919H Thanks to member Peppy Dan for the NOS muffler. I cleaned and chased the threads on the heat shield mounts and used copper high heat never sieze and new fender washers to help strengthen where the mount holes are.

The next job was to replace the Atv tires with a nice set of 23x10.5x12 Goodyear tires I have had for 2 years waiting for the swap.

Then it was time for supper and a cold beer. All in all a pretty good day.dOddOd Dave.

B10Dave
8DChris; when the tube gets a real load strain they eventually crack and then split open. I think Dan figures by adding a compression force to the outside of the tube it will counteract the tendency to crack initially. For $3 worth of muffler clamps I'm willing to try it.dOd This axle tube has already been changed and is the reason I met Perry!! Dave.

bowhunt4life
If I am just mowing and tilling do you advise the clamps? If I am single bottom plowing or pushing dirt with the blade I am guessing the clamps would help. Thanks.

HubbardRA
I would have to question your reasoning in swapping those tires. I guess you were just looking for an original look. As far as the tires themselves, from experience those Dunlop tires should have quite a bit more traction than the turf tires. I have a different set of Dunlops on one of my tractors, and they are fantastic for plowing snow. They are some of the best traction tires that I have ever had on a tractor, and I have had many different types.

B10Dave
:D Rod, that tractor only cuts grass. It isn't used for anything else. I found that I didn't need extra traction on my mostly flat land. The ATV tires and rims came on my B112 and were put on the 919 several years ago when one original turf tire started leaking through the weather checking cracks. They are for sale now. I don't need them. Dave.

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online (See full list)

• tadams
    • jkysh
    • smalljob
  • Today's Birthdays

No users celebrating today
  • Recent Status Updates

• dav-1

dav-1  »  Talntedmrgreen

Over a year ago, you answered a question I had about the tool bar for my FDT. In your reply dated Dec 31, 2019  you said the spacer, part #16, goes in the bar to allow for up and down depth adjustment. does this mean the bolt has to be tightened at whatever depth desired or does the bolt slide up and down, allowing the lower hitch to free float?
         If it is tightened so the lower hitch and the bar are rigid, then is the depth to be controlled by the shoes? Or by the lift handle?
        Is there any kind of user directions for the tool bar? The Outdoor Power Manual basically shows how to assemble the bar but not how to use it
      · 1 reply
    • tribswede

tribswede  »  goatfarmer

ISO a deck for a 6516 H and all the connecting hardware any ideas on where to start?

· 1 reply
  • Adverts