Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

New to me Sovereign

MattCovey

Hi all, I just purchased a 1977 Sovereign 7010. It came with a snowblower and all seems to be in great working order (we'll see how the clutch is when I start digging into some snow). I searched the forum and the web and cannot seem to find what attachements will fit on this tractor. I would love to find a bucket that will fit it, and I don't mind one that needs a little modification. Anyone have a good resource for me to find out what my options are? Thanks in advance, Matt

I also have an interest in a small bucket for my rather similar tractor - an AC 716H. The only feasible and economic solution I know of is to fab up a bucket, perhaps using a small snow blade (or something similar) with sides and bottom added, and then using a small electric winch to raise and lower. I can't link you to any specific articles on how to make it happen; but I know it has been done. One of these days I will pursue it. My property needs soil or fill in several areas, and the idea of wheelbarrow and shovel just is too labor intensive. But a little bucket could keep me playing all day - and that would be really fun seat time, as well as productive. Note this is not the same as a frontend loader; this is a light duty solution. Ground clearance in raised position would be merely adequate - getting soil from the pile to where it's desired, without a lot of labor, is the name of the game - and that can be done a little bit at a time - which is also safer, and avoids having to reinforce the front end, etc. Keep it small and simple.

A simplicity bucket is exactly what I am looking for. A used Johnny bucket would be nice. I can't see paying $1500 for a bucket for this tractor ( I think my wife might be a little unhappy about that). Do you guys ever see Simplicity buckets around for sale?