Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

It's Alive

Hydro-Manic

Well got a present in mail couple days ago!(Thanks to DAN!) Yup the hitch i needed for my blower and it's alive. WOW these things are alittle scary from the front.It all started with a gift of a 3310h.Now 3310v,3415h,Two blower three differant hitches.Oh boy! Let it SNOW let SNOW let it SNOW! This tractor is one got from ohio for hundred bucks.Still have to wire it up.I need new switch for electric lift also have to go to junk yard for that window motor. Couldn't be more excited for this tractor just about flips over with power. Used a belt (blue) on blower 67"x5/8" hope it works was new laying around for couple years.:D:D:D

Anyone know anything about making a 15hp to 16hp by doing something to carb. I read a post that there was no differance except for the carb.I can not remember what though? trying to recall post saying something about the rpm for extra hp.I don't think i really need it if it's not safe to do,but would be nice to do if it is.

All of my 12 to 16 horse Briggs singles use the same carb kit, have the same jet etc. I dont think there is any difference in the 14-15-16hp 32 CID engines unless the cam is different, or max RPM is set lower on the 14-15's I have this chart on Briggs engines used by Simplicity, source unkown, that shows 2 of the 14's have the same model and type as the 16's So far I have found this list accurite. I think that Briggs sold 16hp engines as 14's and just rated them lower, and may have set max RPM lower. Edit: I wouldn't increase the maximum RPM on an old, unrebuillt engine without checking to see what there is for a ridge in the cylinder, you could break the top ring.

Larry, the cams are the same part number as well. Briggs number 692855. I believe you are correct that they were rated lower. I had a 7114 and it had a 16hp in it and another member does as well.

Well i read the post on here somewhere. It said something about a lip or edge on carb that needed to be filed off to let the butterfly valve open further or something. Think your right about checking for that ridge under the head for wear line. Thanks for the info guys interesting!

quote:
Originally posted by Hydro-Manic
Well i read the post on here somewhere. It said something about a lip or edge on carb that needed to be filed off to let the butterfly valve open further or something. ...
I have probably rebuilt a dozen Briggs Flojet carbs off 10 to 16 hp engines and haven't noticed any differences in the upper carb body where that lip would have to be, but I wasn't looking either. All the differences I have seen are mostly the choke configuration on the lower carb body. It would be a good post for "Talking Tractors" there are people here who would know. I dont.