Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Man I wish it would snow or sumthin'

OrangeMetalGuy

I sit and look at the 716H with nothing to do... Can't get in a lick of tractor time. Wish we'd get one of those 3-day snows, 12 inches each day. That would be good...

Be carefull what you wish for... You can come and play here anytime, clear the whole 5 acres if you want! Of course you would have to beat me to it. :)

I AGREE!! I think its great to get out there and go head-to-head with mother nature. With my Simplicity I can take the worst Snowstorm she can dish out and blow it back at her... To all the Winter Wariors out there....Enjoy!!! sm01 (I'm reusing this post I made on another thread earlier today)

quote:
Originally posted by OrangeMetalGuy
I sit and look at the 716H with nothing to do... Can't get in a lick of tractor time. Wish we'd get one of those 3-day snows, 12 inches each day. That would be good...
Wish for grass to grow then...don't ever wish for 3 feet of snow!!!:Y:Y

Oh no.. I love tons of snow and blizzards. When I was a kid in NH, I remember the school bus stopping, she'd open the door, and snow fell in. Still went to school. I just love getting prepped for a multi-day storm, when the world outside is closed and you can just sit inside and watch it fall. And drink beer. Did I mention beer?

quote:
Originally posted by OrangeMetalGuy
Why??? After shoveling/blowing something every winter season of my adult life, I kind of like it so far.:D:D

You know, after growing up having to do chores and milk cows before I went to school, now I don't miss the snow at all. I will be perfectly happy if the auger on the blower collects a little rust from not being useddOddOddOd. You guys can have all the snow!!!

this rain sucks!!! My 2 snomobiles are waiting along with my sovereign and my yammi snowblower. Where is all the snow!!! Of course I am ready for it and it won't come, I bet if I put the deck on and take the blower off all heck will brake loose!

I wished for snow shortly after I got my new (to me) blower attachment all hooked up, wired up, and ready to go... I finally got the snow, about 12 inches. When I went to clear the snow is when I discovered the ring gear and starter were no longer seeing eye to eye... So now the 720 and snow thrower sit and mock me as I trudge through the snow in my Baffins... The replacement ring gear has arrived and now I need to find time to pull the engine...

Snow yes snow please! First off want it for my little girls sake.Make it feel more like Christmas around here.Then the rest for me and my new to me tractor.:D

If all the rain we have was snow it would up to your lower posterior.Something like 10in. of snow per 1in. of rain. You youngsters go ahead and pray for snow,after 34 year of carrying mail I would sooner set inside and watch it rain.:D:D

OK, after more "improvements" on my rig, could use some snow to try her out. Every time I go into the outbuilding I end up doing a bit more, wax chute, grease again, start and let warm up, recheck the chains..... Time to blow snow! I do enjoy the challenge and welcome it. BLT turner project is moving forward....

I'm with Orange---let it get deep, 30 below and high winds. Just give me a days notice so I can get all the fuel and food we'll need to hole up for a few days---I can't wait!! For 3 months---I really love winter!!!

I have a hard time really understanding what yall mean by wishing and wanting snow. I used to want it when I was a kid for snow days out of school, but now that im older and have to work outside and drive with all the other idiots, I hate what it does to our area. Everything shuts down and nobody knows how to drive in it. Seriously, if they call for a chance of snow, they go ahead and delay the start of school. I was blowing leaves today wearing shorts and a t-shirt. Thats how I like my Decembers. Cheaper on that ol heat bill too!!

With no snow in WI, might have to vac the leaves one more time.....C And have to polish the plastic glass one more time.....:) And keep BLT happy moving forward on the chute turner....for next year.:I