Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Is this worth it??

mowinman2

Times are tight for me right now as I just dropped in a new heat pump on my house. I just saw this pop up on CL and am wondering if its worth the 6hr round trip just to save it from the crusher. I dont really think it is, and probably should save the fuel money(diesel aint cheap) but i just hate to see these get recycled. What do you guys think? http://fayetteville.craigslist.org/grd/2751894281.html

I would not make the drive either, but 75 doesnt seem to bad to me. Mine was in worse shape just cleaned everything up and some stuff I had laying around and now it runs like a champ. Ive seen them go much higher.

I'd tell him the 6 hour trip costs as much or more than the tractor is worth and that I'd save it from the scrapyard, but couldn't pay anything for it. He might well be glad to have it out of his yard. Then I'd look for other goodies along the route.... 8D

If it was local to me, I'd offer $50 or $60 for it. Only really parts, but if the bgb is good and trans works then it would be worth a full $75.

I agree with everyone else. The trip is too expensive but most important of all when you see one like that is expode to the elements for a long time it takes a toll on everything.

Thanks guys. I agree with everyone as well. Too far for such a not so nice unit. I do like Larrys way of thinking though. I just havent found any other goodies along that path.

Hey David . I agree with most of you guys that it would not be worth the expense of getting it home unless he wants to pay you to haul it off.He might be paying some one to haul it to the crusher