Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Need some Price Advice

GLPointon

I found an Allis Chalmers 616 for sale. It has no attachments included, has the original Onan 16hp engine which owner said ran good 5yrs ago?condition of hydraulics is unknown, has 3pt hitch and front electric PTO clutch, has sat outdoors since, is faded but no major dents/rust, dash & seat cracked/split...front tires are crap, rears ok, owner said PO rebuilt hydrostat before he died 7 yrs ago ?XX( Any ideas what its worth as is??? I've wanted a large powermax type tractor for ever and this is the 1st I've found anywhere near my budget...but I dont know what they go for here in Indiana/Michigan area... Any numbers/advice/comments are greatly appreciated :D

900.00 or under. Greg concider this one on ebay, they are both needing work. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Allis-Chalmers-616-Garden-Tractor-Parts-3pt-hitch-PTO-/180776308878?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a171b908e

I dont live to far away from you up in michigan and a month or so ago a 720 with brush hog snow blower and back blade sold for 1500 was going to buy it to go along with my other 2 but didnt have the time to get there fast enough. I think i know the tractor your talking about also talked to the guy this week and it not worth any were what hes asking in my mind. I also know of another in michigan right now a 9020 thats nice runs perfect im told with mower deck and front plow for 1850. Hope this was some help

Greg, They can be a money pit. I would say $600 max for the one you are describing. If it were in running condition maybe $750 with no deck or any other attachments. John U

Thanks guys this is all good advice, I think I'll pass and wait for one that engine/trans condition can be verified or at least the price reflects the unknown conditions...Csm01