Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Where is Burntime?

bud119195

I have not talked to him in a couple months. Last I heard he was getting his 7790 going with a NOS diesel engine :O would love to hear about how that is going. Any updates Mike looks like we all miss you, maybe he's busy actually working on his machines rather then writing about them...........a concept I should do more ofB)

He'll show up. After being unemployed for almost three years he is back in the labor force and that is consuming a lot of his time. With the short daylight span, he goes to work at dawn gets back at dusk. That pretty well takes care of his open air shop.:D He'll be back.

Thanks Bob for the update.
quote:
Originally posted by BLT
He'll show up. After being unemployed for almost three years he is back in the labor force and that is consuming a lot of his time. With the short daylight span, he goes to work at dawn gets back at dusk. That pretty well takes care of his open air shop.:D He'll be back.

quote:
After being unemployed for almost three years he is back in the labor force and that is consuming a lot of his time.
I HATE it when work gets in the way....... :D I was happy to hear he was back to work. I think that, and licking his wounds has likely taken some of the spunk out of his posting. All of this and the holidays no wonder he's a bit pressed. Aren't we all. Mike will be back, no doubt, and with some new replacement toys I hope!

Still alive and kicking. Just going thru some tough stuff right now. It looks like its going to last too. I will check in periodically. Just occupied with other stuff right now. It is cool that someone noticed me MIA. And unless I am in the state correctional instutution:D I WILL be at the February shin-dig for some fun!dOd

Mike, if you are in the state correctional institution; what side of the bars will you be on?:O I really hope you are on the outside of the bars, we need you here. Rick......

Mike, Glad to hear you will be on the outside of the bars. I knew you would be, but couldn't pass up teasing you a little. Please let us know if we can help in any way. And we will be here once you get past the tough stuff. Rick.........

Greetings BT, Between you and me, that snoblor got sold to the right buyer with full knowledge of the situation - and at a cheap price. It still worked out for me ok, too. Got out of it with a clear conscience and a sense of morality intact. I have a plateful of stuff on the go right now as well. Not sure where it goes from here; but there's a way through. And it sometimes rains, and sometimes pours. Right now, I have scattered showers, wondrin' what's next, omg - and how did I get myself into this strange place? wow. Someone once told me - What do you do when you come to a fork in the road? Take it. Laters. Peace. out.

• 2 weeks later...
Just to let you know he still putzes with the tractors, I helped put a snowblower together for his Landlord.
[img]/club2/attach/BLT/Burntime.jpg[/img]

sweet Mike I heard those landlords throw some good snow... and you got the newer one with the big ole kohler command in there 23 or something I thought... should be a beast. Now if we only had some snow ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Well, the landlord did incredible this morning at 5am. I am a convert sorry to say. Foot controls, a small throw lift arm, its like you have that extra hand to grab your coffee. Oh, and it DOES have a cupholder! One thing for those of you that own a landlord type machine. My hitch keeps coming undone where it mounts on the front hanger. I have the extra pin but it pulls out. Is something bent? I put it on once and it came off again while on the last run. Any help is appreciated since I am not as familiar with these machines. I can tell you that it threw snow better then my 17hp kt by far. This was a light snow but I did not hear the governer kick in once... The hitch is 1693500. Thanks in advance...

Problem solved, I hope. I believed he used the wrong set of holes to slide the safety pin in. After talking to Mike, we both agreed that this is the problem.^

It is indeed working like it should. I really like the foot control and the short throw lift arm. I am going to turn up the throttle a bit and change out the pulley to a 5 inch when I get a chance. Gotta tweek where you can. Bob, you up for another spout rotator switch?:D

quote:
Originally posted by Burntime
It is indeed working like it should. I really like the foot control and the short throw lift arm. I am going to turn up the throttle a bit and change out the pulley to a 5 inch when I get a chance. Gotta tweek where you can. Bob, you up for another spout rotator switch?:D
Gardner - Bender #SW123 at Farm and Barn. I R out right now.

Mike, you might try ysing 3/8's bolts with nylon locking nuts in your front hitch pins. I do that on the '64 with the snow blade and grader blade because the vibrating from standing on the grader cutting hard pack snow tracts lost several pins with new tight fitting wire keys in them. I find a bolt much easier then something like a regular cotter key that you have to bent, spread and squeeze under the front end. I must have missed your post converting to foot control, ya got a link? Love that idea.

Marty, it wasn't a function of the pin not doing its job as opposed to the "pinhead"dz who selected the incorrect holes to insert the pin and him being the one who can't figure outsm00 why and is asking what could be wrong?, duh:O, he, he.:D:D

Glad to hear you like the landlord foot control as much for snow as you did for mowing........those extra few ponies from that command are sure to help also ;)