Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
dav

rattle can wheel paint

dav
have just sprayed a pair of rear rims for the Big Ten. sand blasted them, using one of those hand held blasters that looks like a paint sprayer. worked great; previous attempts with the same blaster were disappointing due to lack of air flow but this time i took it to work and used a bigger compressor. priming was with a generic automotive primer in a spray can. finish is Rustoleum Appliance Epoxy in the color of "Bisquit" so close a match that i can't tell the difference, although 'she who must be Obeyed" says the original is a tad more yellow. the can reads "repaint in 1/2 hour or after 1 week". so i will wait to second coat until christmas day

GLPointon
Rustoleum Canvas White for AC & Simplicity 7000 series white parts. also... Apply 2nd coat soon or well after DRY. Some Enamels will wrinkle-up after 2nd coat is applied if 1st coat isn't totally cured. I think it is off-gassing, if I remember what the bodyshop neighbor told me after I had it happen...has never again since I learned that sm01

DaveBsACs
wait for the paint to cure or you will definitly spend some more time with your sandblaster.I got in a hurry once to re-coat and by the time I got back around to the first rim it had started to alligator and all I could do was watch the other three do the same as they had all been sprayed.8C