Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

AC 5020 Hydraulics & Attachments

dmarkie

I have a AC 5020 which i've been watching for a tiller and FEL (Mod 430) but neither has come along so I wait. My question is that I have a chance to buy a JD mod 32 log splitter which would hook to the tractor's hyd system which I currently don't' have due to not having the FEL yet. What is the hyd package that will have to be mounted to this unit? Is there info on the web on how this would hook up an what the equipment would be required to mount to the engine? I'm willing to proceed with a hyd system to this splitter if it would also work on the FEL when/if I purchase. Your generous knowledge on these matters is very appreciated. Thx Dave

I may have figured some of this out. In reviewing a tech bulletin (manual AC-32 from T&I Shop Servics) there is a reference to a Remote Control Value that can be mounted in the rear (next to lift arms) but it calls for a special manifold that needs to be added by an existing relief valve. This is all part of the lift arm systems. Then from the manifold it routes to a Remote Control Value. So my question now becomes, can anyone point me to a parts provider that would have this depth of selection to an obscure part and values such as this for the 5020? Thanks Dave
quote:
Originally posted by dmarkie
I have a AC 5020 which i've been watching for a tiller and FEL (Mod 430) but neither has come along so I wait. My question is that I have a chance to buy a JD mod 32 log splitter which would hook to the tractor's hyd system which I currently don't' have due to not having the FEL yet. What is the hyd package that will have to be mounted to this unit? Is there info on the web on how this would hook up an what the equipment would be required to mount to the engine? I'm willing to proceed with a hyd system to this splitter if it would also work on the FEL when/if I purchase. Your generous knowledge on these matters is very appreciated. Thx Dave

Dave, It sounds like your looking for a control valve to work the rear hydraulics, does your model have the rear PTO? Why don't you take a pic of your tractor and show us what you have and what you need. These tractor will use metric hydraulic fittings, so I would say try a Kubota dealer for a valve, these were made in Japan if i remember right. I seem to remember that Sandy Lake had a couple of these for sale, maybe the fine folks there can help you out. There are a few members here who are hydraulic experts that may be able to steer you in the right direction. Also check the classifieds for parts and Ebay or Joes outdoor power. good luck

I searched under 5020 there is some info there you should look at. Your Tractor was made by Hinomoto in Japan, there should be quite a few parts for these tractors on the web. Pictures are worth a 1000 words! If you have a live PTO any rear tiller with a drive shaft rated at 540 Rpm will work and Kwik way should have a loader that would work.Hope this helps

These tractors are usually listed under farm tractors or in the farm equip and attachments. They are more of a compact tractor than a sub compacts.

Dave here's a post from the past that shows the PTO and 3 point hitch. [url][/url]http://www.simpletractors.com/simplicity/new_in_1978/23_%26_28_hp_diesels.htm

Rick; There are some real nice attachments. Wonder where you can find these today. I suppose i could search for the model numbers of these units to see what's out there. Nice stuff. Dave
quote:
Originally posted by RedbarnRick
Dave here's a post from the past that shows the PTO and 3 point hitch. [url][/url]http://www.simpletractors.com/simplicity/new_in_1978/23_%26_28_hp_diesels.htm

Dave, you can purchase most of the attachments at Farm and fleet, Northern hydraulics, or TSC. Also on You tube is a dealer that demonstrates attachments and sells them, he has 100's of videos, I'll try to find it and post it. Most attachments are sized according to tractor horsepower or PTO hp.

Dave, here you go, this is the fellow I was referring to, also just type in whatever attachment you're interested in on YoouTube and there will be dozens of videos on their uses. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxuEDGSGOZA[url][/url]

I looked for Hinomoto parts on ebay and the first thing that popped up was for a Massey Ferguson tractor, I forgot about that my nieghbor got a MF1010 it has a similar set up to yours, U might try the MF dealers for parts too.

babablacksheep
Hi. The 5020 and 5030 were sold by Allis Chalmers dealers. Parts should be available from Agco Allis dealers. They were great little tractors, and one of my neighbors still has two of them that he uses on a regular basis. They will mount any Cat I three point implement that is sized right for the tractor. Check out the specs for the tractor hydraulics for the GPM flow and pressure and then the requirements for the log splitter. If the internal hydraulics are inadequate, look into an aftermarket hydraulic pump that runs off the PTO.