Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

My Favorite GT "Trailer"

larry8200

I think I put more hours on this trailer around the yard than I do on the road. And that is a lot. I have a hydraulic winch I wanted to put on it, but all said and done that would cost more to setup than a small 12 volt Warn winch brand new, maybe a lot more. The trailer is hooked to my 7112H pretty much full time, except when I'm using the blade, and while that 12 horse wont tow it up much of a hill with a full ton on it, it does just fine. I could almost get rid of my dump carts, almost.. :) The 7112H's hitch was drilled out to 3/4" when I got it, and a $10 2" ball is, I think, the most bang I've ever gotten for ten bucks, except maybe this site! :D

yeah! I agree best ten bucks ever spent was the club dues. I was getting firewood outta the woods with the small dump cart witch is nice for driving right up to the wood.I would love to make a trailer 4' wide and 8' long so if tractor fits the trailer fits.You have a nice trailer there though. Think i might drill mine out for a ball now!

quote:
Originally posted by Hydro-Manic
yeah! I agree best ten bucks ever spent was the club dues. I was getting firewood outta the woods with the small dump cart witch is nice for driving right up to the wood.I would love to make a trailer 4' wide and 8' long so if tractor fits the trailer fits.You have a nice trailer there though. Think i might drill mine out for a ball now!
If the hitch hadn't already been drilled, I would have found a ball with 1/2" or 9/16" shank. Simplicity used to sell them. Drilled to 3/4" it gets a little skinny around the edges.

[img]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l226/perry71/BROADMOOR037.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l226/perry71/BROADMOOR036.jpg[/img]