Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Snow blower

bgosh

Could someone tell me where to find a picture of the belt cover for my snow blower that I have on my 725? Also was wondering how would find anything about a (1025 tractor if there is such a model)?

No such thing as a 1025, as far as I know -- there are B-10 and Big Ten models of the Allis-Chalmers. First a question -- what snowblower do you have for the 725? The original 3-belt blower didn't have a belt cover, to my knowledge. Here's the Owner's Manual for it: http://bsintek.basco.com/BriggsDocumentDisplay/default.aspx?filename=heCBEN8aqI2rE3Cvh5kbp796Dq The later (and much better) single belt blowers did have a belt cover, such as this 990345. Look on page 4: http://bsintek.basco.com/BriggsDocumentDisplay/default.aspx?filename=heCBEN8aqL7rE3Cvh5kbp796Dq

Thank You Kent.That answered my question about the snow blower.That model number I put in there was just a fake number I put in there.Nothing specific just looking on how to find a picture and a little information on a model which might come to my attention like from on ebay or craigs list.

IMO, if you're shopping for a blower, don't spend the money on a 3-belt blower... for example, you have to get on and off the tractor to engage or disengage them. Instead, get the later single belt... As far as the belt cover -- though I have a couple of them, I think, I run mine without one as much as I do with one on it. They're certainly not essential, IMO...

Kent--is the blower for a typical 1970 HB212 a 3 belt blower? I'm looking to purchase one for my tractor. If so, can the newer single belts be adapted to the older tractor? Thanks for your help.

The 3-belt blowers were used up to about 1964 or perhaps 1965. Anything later than that, such as the HB212, should have the single belt... Note that a couple different variations of the single belt blower hitch were used on much later machines when they were driven by the center PTO instead of the front PTO.