Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Hard cab updated new pics

Brettw

Brett I actually thought about that. I got a gas generator and recently made myself a 2" receiver hitch on the sovereign and then a 30"x15" cargo carrier, my generator would fit well on there and the extra electrical would be nice.

quote:
Wind generator no fumes
I have a personal wind generator. It works especially well after Taco night. Unfortunately, it does not come without "fumes". As I think of it, this may be a serious consideration in a small enclosed cab. Time to engineer and add another circuit for an air exchanger. Sigh.......

just a suggestion but you will be amazed by the the air output from a good "farm" / tractor fan will put out vs the standard cheap 12v cig lighter kind... night and day Funny about my 31hp... one added perk was it has a 20amp charge system not that it makes a huge difference. Funny how we think alike at times. I have thought about the adding a generator to the rear also, but I stay plenty warm in my cab. And would rather save the rear for the salter I am going to put on it^.. yup a salter someday

quote:
Originally posted by hotrodtractor
just a suggestion but you will be amazed by the the air output from a good "farm" / tractor fan will put out vs the standard cheap 12v cig lighter kind... night and day Funny about my 31hp... one added perk was it has a 20amp charge system not that it makes a huge difference. Funny how we think alike at times. I have thought about the adding a generator to the rear also, but I stay plenty warm in my cab. And would rather save the rear for the salter I am going to put on it^.. yup a salter someday
I once thought that was a great idea for my Sunstar with my cab. I bought one with the stainless steel spatter guard and slow speed impeller, it worked great for removing ice and snow from the driveway but was shocked by how much salt dust blew back on the tractor. I tried keeping it washed off the tractor but it took years away from the paint on both the tractor/cab sheet metal and the frame/driveline. I sold the spreader and will never have that "idea" again. Dan

I just installed a 12v 5"computer fan in my cab. got fan on Ebay for < $8 & free shipping too. and has very low amp draw but a respectable output air volume sm01

Actually tractor went in to the fab shop yesterday. Thats where I built the mount fot the spout rotator and worked with the guy on getting the fromt enclosure ready. I will have more pics soon.........

Well, we are a bit farther along, almost ready. We need to complete the rotator fab and cover, and finish the switch console and wiring. Paint and fiberglass repairs will be in the summer, after a complete shakedown and need for any other modifications has been established.

quote:
Can you open hood?
Not easily. But 4 bolts allows me to tip the cab back in order to do so. Tractor does not use any oil, and is not a daily fixer, so I am not too concerned. With this cab, there did not seem to be any good way to make easy access to the hood. I guess about 5 minutes to access if needed.

quote:
Originally posted by Brettw
Well, we are a bit farther along, almost ready.
[img]/club2/attach/Brettw/spout rotator1.JPG[/img]

I am interested to see if plan "B" turns out.;)

Plan "B" has been test run and it does work. I need to finalize the mounting bracket, (what you see was quick and temporary to align and check to check function) the actual bracket will be of heavier steel. I need some additional cable and some cable anchors, and a cover for the motor assembly. I always have the plan "A" setup as a backup, but this required no other parts other than the bracket and additional cable. We'll see, Bob. Thanks for all your help, I have the switch and will be finalizing all this weekend!

dOd VERY NICE Brett!dOd Dont forget to make sure the rotator assy doesn't hit when you raise the blower all the way (like I almost did on rotator 1.0):O

hey brett is that a window motor and part of a regulator out of a GM vehicle??? Looks similar to some I have replaced. If so keep those cables clean and lubed they like to eat the plastic guides and rollers.