Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Power angle blade for Powermax?

midnightpumpkin

Has anyone implemented a power angle front blade for a Powermax? I have the second set of hydraulic ports in place on the front of my 4041 and would like to add hydraulic cylinder to the front blade to implement power angle. The Sunstar's had this feature available, does anyone have a picture of the Sunstar blade with power angle that I could get some ideas from? Any thoughts, pictures, or ideas would be appreciated. John U

quote:
Originally posted by wilm169
John I had mine done last year, but I need to get pics yet. You need a cylinder with 8" travel.
Levi, it would be really great if you could post some pictures of what you did. I did find the manual for the Sunstar power angle blade Mfg. # 1691365 this manual helps but the Sunstar hitch is narrower than the Powermax hitch, which changes the geometry required. I was hoping to use 1 or 2 Sunstar lift cylinders, which I already have on hand. John U

i have a 9020 in my garage right now with a blade on it... i can send you a pic or 2 and i have a short video clip.... my set up mounts on the bracket where the mule pulleys hook up in the front... i can take more photos also