Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
larry8200

Oh, BIG TEN.... Thank You!

larry8200
Was seeing if I could use the dozer blade on my 7112H to scrape some loose rocks off my driveway, but the K301S decided to oil the dozer blade and front of the tractor instead. Did a very nice job too. Front crank seal is gone. Not gone, missing, as in fell out. :( My BIG TEN was delighted to pick up the slack, and we had so much fun that we played with the town road afterwards. What a little beast! About 1/3 throttle in second gear and there is no stopping her. Guess the chains are going back on and she's going to be my number one snow plow this winter. :)

timflury
You worked that tractor so hard Larry, the poor thing puked up its breakfast..... At least the seal simply fell out. Was there any other damage?? And.... do you know WHY the seal fell out?? Hopefully you won't have the same issue with the new seal you install in it.:D

Hydro-Manic
Larry looks like you just can't wait for snow...pushing dirt.sm06 I'm almost ready to try blower on loose gravel.(wish it would snow) sorry to hear about front seal i have never replaced one so keep us posted with pictures when you change it, Do you have to remove motor to install new...hopefully not.

larry8200
quote:
Originally posted by timflury
You worked that tractor so hard Larry, the poor thing puked up its breakfast..... At least the seal simply fell out. Was there any other damage?? And.... do you know WHY the seal fell out?? Hopefully you won't have the same issue with the new seal you install in it.:D
I baby that 7112H, I wish to re-power it with a Briggs 32CID and sell the K301S to a cadet nut. No offence Cub fans, I freely admit I'm way past being a "Simplicity Nut" I found the seal (ground into the dirt) and stopped the engine while there was still oil showing on the dipstick. No damage and looks an easy fix. I dont know why it fell out.

timflury
quote:
Originally posted by larry8200
quote:
Originally posted by MikethePlumber
AAAH, good idea, Oil the 7112H so it won't rust!
Well the dozer blade DID need oiling, really angles easy now! :D
A new definition to the term, "Splash Lubed."sm00sm00

Tarheel
Larry, Have you checked the valve cover on the Kohler ? Wonder if the vent may be stopped up or backward ? If so, even an engine in in otherwise good condition can build back pressure and burn oil as well as push seals loose. May be worth a look anyway.

perry
quote:
Originally posted by Tarheel
Larry, Have you checked the valve cover on the Kohler ? Wonder if the vent may be stopped up or backward ? If so, even an engine in in otherwise good condition can build back pressure and burn oil as well as push seals loose. May be worth a look anyway.
thats a good idea to check that, the pressure needs to go somewhere. may have just been time for that seal to go. hope the new one fits tight. looks like you need a grader blade ^

larry8200
I have checked the valve cover, its fine. The engine isn't though - smokes rattles and rolls just like a diesel. And blows smoke out the breather (valve cover) all the time. Been hoping to put a Briggs 16 in it but the amount of tractors wanting engines grows faster than the amount of available engines. And this one still runs ok Still, if I run it long enough its going to blow. :(

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online (See full list)

• GregB
    • Rigger9020
    • Brettw
    • smalljob
    • NateShedivy
    • tripleguy
    • MikeES
    • Ronald Hribar
    • rokon2813
  • Today's Birthdays

1. BigNickNY
      BigNickNY
      (26 years old)
  • Recent Status Updates

• dav-1

dav-1  »  Talntedmrgreen

Over a year ago, you answered a question I had about the tool bar for my FDT. In your reply dated Dec 31, 2019  you said the spacer, part #16, goes in the bar to allow for up and down depth adjustment. does this mean the bolt has to be tightened at whatever depth desired or does the bolt slide up and down, allowing the lower hitch to free float?
         If it is tightened so the lower hitch and the bar are rigid, then is the depth to be controlled by the shoes? Or by the lift handle?
        Is there any kind of user directions for the tool bar? The Outdoor Power Manual basically shows how to assemble the bar but not how to use it
      · 1 reply
    • tribswede

tribswede  »  goatfarmer

ISO a deck for a 6516 H and all the connecting hardware any ideas on where to start?

· 1 reply
  • Adverts