Jump to content

Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
perry

FDT front axle mounts

Recommended Posts

rokon2813
this was discussed years ago, but I dont remember the answers and didnt find anything with a quick search. some have mounted the front counter weight there so it doesn't work with the lift as a counter weight, but only as a front weight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HubbardRA
I have used those holes for mounting brackets that I do not want to pivot. All of the times I have used them have been on hitches that I have fabricated, like mounting a Cub Cadet Johnny bucket on a 3410 or modifying a Wheel Horse blade to work on my Simplicities, or the Sears snowblower on my AC716H. I do not know of a standard Simplicity hitch that uses the front holes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
swisstool
I have a ez-rake front thatcher that was made for another brand of tractor because it's red in color and I mounted it to those front mounting tabs so that I could use the mower deck in it's usual position and then I put the vacuum collector on the back so I could thatch, mow and suck it all up and blow it into the covered cart I was pulling behind it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RayS
quote:
Originally posted by swisstool
I have a ez-rake front thatcher that was made for another brand of tractor because it's red in color and I mounted it to those front mounting tabs so that I could use the mower deck in it's usual position and then I put the vacuum collector on the back so I could thatch, mow and suck it all up and blow it into the covered cart I was pulling behind it.
Some of the EZ Rakes were red. http://www.simpletractors.com/simplicity/new_in_1969/front_thatcher.htm


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
swisstool
Thanks Ray, I've never seen one except for the one I bought. The hitch on it didn't line up with the mounts on my B212 so I had to make a little adapter for it. Do you or anyone else on the site have pictures of the hitch on one that was made for the Simplicity/Allis tractors?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Talntedmrgreen
quote:
Originally posted by swisstool
Thanks Ray, I've never seen one except for the one I bought. The hitch on it didn't line up with the mounts on my B212 so I had to make a little adapter for it. Do you or anyone else on the site have pictures of the hitch on one that was made for the Simplicity/Allis tractors?
Here's a B series hitch...
[img]http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff512/talntedmrgreen/IMAG0905.jpg[/img]
Here's one I found locally with a Deere 3/400 series hitch...
[img]http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff512/talntedmrgreen/IMAG0812.jpg[/img]
Here's another in red I have that was modified to run off the rear like a Revitalizer or tiller...
[img]http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff512/talntedmrgreen/IMAG0627.jpg[/img]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
swisstool
I'll take some pics of mine tomorrow. It doesn't look like any of the ones in your pics, Josh. The first pic of yours for the b series looks like it mounts where the mower deck mounts. Is that correct? I rigged mine to mount on the front mounts so that I could still use the deck to vacuum up the thatch that the ezrake loosened. I seem to remember a pic on this site of someone using a 7100 series sovereign with the ez rake on the front and using their mower deck also.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Talntedmrgreen
You can mount two attachments to the same hitch points by offsetting one to the left or right. I do this often when using my front counterweight to aid in lifting the two piece cultivator. That attachment mounts where a mowerdeck, sicklebar or grader blade would. The EZ Rake hitch is built similarly to a blower or Weedcutter hitch, but the rake does not lift by the OEM setup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Talntedmrgreen
You can mount two attachments to the same hitch points by offsetting one to the left or right. I do this often when using my front counterweight to aid in lifting the two piece cultivator. That attachment mounts where a mowerdeck, sicklebar or grader blade would. The EZ Rake hitch is built similarly to a blower or Weedcutter hitch, but the rake does not lift by the OEM setup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wilm169
This is mine on a 7016 using the front PTO on the engine.
[img]/club2/attach/wilm169/7016ez.jpg[/img]
I had to widen the hitch out 3/4" to mount with the deck. What I used was the 2 pully hitch for snow blower.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dentwizz
One model of plow could use them(though I don't know if it was an adaptation from another Allis series). My Dad's 2210 came from the Allis dealer with a 46" spring-trip that had forks to go on the single points. It just needed really long pins. Knowing my Great-grandfather(the original purchaser) he got a deal on something sitting in the corner when he bought it in 1971.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Talntedmrgreen
quote:
Originally posted by swisstool
How do you lift it the ezrake thatcher then?
As far as I know, the B-series adaptation did not lift, but rolled on the casters all the time. The PO I bought mine from was a retired dealer who had this B-series unit since new. He knew of no factory method for lifting it, but it looks like it would be very easy to fab a cable as Levi did to lift with the tractors lift system. The Deere version shown has a hydraulic lift piston that has quick attach to the tractors hydro outlets. Basically, it mounted to the unit, and to the hitch. The lifting action doesn't involve contact with the tractor at all. I was going to bid on it, but it suprised me, and the Deere boys went to around $400 on it, which is kinda unheard of for something vintage like this at this particular auction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Talntedmrgreen
quote:
Originally posted by swisstool
How do you lift it the ezrake thatcher then?
As far as I know, the B-series adaptation did not lift, but rolled on the casters all the time. The PO I bought mine from was a retired dealer who had this B-series unit since new. He knew of no factory method for lifting it, but it looks like it would be very easy to fab a cable as Levi did to lift with the tractors lift system. The Deere version shown has a hydraulic lift piston that has quick attach to the tractors hydro outlets. Basically, it mounted to the unit, and to the hitch. The lifting action doesn't involve contact with the tractor at all. I was going to bid on it, but it suprised me, and the Deere boys went to around $400 on it, which is kinda unheard of for something vintage like this at this particular auction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
swisstool
If you look at the different pictures that Josh posted of the off white ezrakes, you can see that the hitch mounted to an angle iron bracket on the vertical edge of the housing. In the picture that wilm169 posted, as well as the one that I have, the hitch mounts to pieces of angle iron on the top side of the housing. Does anyone know which one is the earlier model and which the later? And it appears that the pulley and belt guard on the red one I have and in the picture from Ray is bigger diameter than the pulleys on the ones pictured by Josh. Any clues why?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Who's Online (See full list)

    • BruceH
    • tadams
    • NateShedivy
    • bowhunt4life
  • Today's Birthdays

    1. sandyhillbill
      sandyhillbill
      (81 years old)
  • Recent Status Updates

    • dav-1

      dav-1  »  Talntedmrgreen

        Over a year ago, you answered a question I had about the tool bar for my FDT. In your reply dated Dec 31, 2019  you said the spacer, part #16, goes in the bar to allow for up and down depth adjustment. does this mean the bolt has to be tightened at whatever depth desired or does the bolt slide up and down, allowing the lower hitch to free float?
         If it is tightened so the lower hitch and the bar are rigid, then is the depth to be controlled by the shoes? Or by the lift handle?
        Is there any kind of user directions for the tool bar? The Outdoor Power Manual basically shows how to assemble the bar but not how to use it
      · 1 reply
    • tribswede

      tribswede  »  goatfarmer

      ISO a deck for a 6516 H and all the connecting hardware any ideas on where to start?
       
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts

×