Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

big ten regulator

bigten65

According to my Briggs parts manual the Briggs number is 295924. http://www.ebay.com/dsc/i.html?_nkw=briggs+295924&_sacat=159912&_odkw=ac+delco+1119165+E&_osacat=159912&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313&LH_TitleDesc=1

• 2 weeks later...
Ray, I bought that voltage regulator on ebay and it has four posts instead of three and has only two coils instead of three. I tried it out and it made the generator very, very hot. And showed it was charging at 40 volts.And the seller wants 30% restock of the price if I return it. Any ideas if it could still work?

I got the part number from the 243431 parts manual that is available for download through Briggs to everyone. The ebay link has around 20 auctions with that number and I have one on my HB212 for 8 or 9 years before I sold the tractor in the spring.

quote:
Originally posted by bigten65
The big ten is also push button start not key start.
Just imagine that the solenoid is a push button. You use your thumb on yours and others use electricity to accomplish the same thing.

OK, one more. with a push button start where does L post connect? I ran out of wires to connect to the new regulator. Do I have to make up a wire for this one?

The "L" terminal is for lights or accessories. If you don`t have lights. Then you won`t need it. Here are the light diagrams for both types of lights. Depends on if the switch is built into the light or on the dash for the diagram you use.