Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Snow Blower Belt Cover

Steve72

I just bought a 36" snowblower for my 1970 HB212 and then found this cover that I think will fit---but not sure how it attaches---so don't want to get stuck with it if it won't work. Anyone know by looking at it? Is it priced too high? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120831296607&category=82248&_trksid=p5197.c0.m619

quote:
Originally posted by perry
i sold two of them a few years ago. got $100 a piece
WOW!:O I had a guy beggin for one of mine a couple months back and I said "$40?". His answer was "Sure." Probably shoulda priced that one higher...

Josh--are there any brackets that are supposed to go with this? Also, are these covers more a pain than they are worth to mount? I'm anxious to get my new blower on and wondering if the cover realy helps anything--or just for looks/safety?

No brackets. They mount to the hitch. They actually help by keeping the belt dry as well as safety. Wet belts like to slip or that was the issue I use to have when running without the cover in place.

Chris, I've used my Weedcutter with and without...personally, I like having it on. That thing throws stuff everywhere, and if you really get into some thick stuff, the hitch can get loaded with chopped weeds in no time. Gets soggy when all that stuff gets cut up too, which could begin to cause slippage. I'd recommend one, but it wouldn't prevent me from running the machine ;) Steve, they are very simple to put on and take off. The two spring loaded tabs on the hitch hold it in place. You need no parts with the cover if your hitch is complete.

quote:
Originally posted by Talntedmrgreen
quote:
Originally posted by perry
i sold two of them a few years ago. got $100 a piece
WOW!:O I had a guy beggin for one of mine a couple months back and I said "$40?". His answer was "Sure." Probably shoulda priced that one higher...
that was a few years ago and i have seen them cheaper now. seen a recent one on ebay go around $50