Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  

T16H or 3416H

I have a Homelite T16H that I bought for snowblowing and plowing and learned how much I enjoy it that I sold my Murray. But I cannot get the mowing deck hooked up, just ordered the manual for the Sovereign 3416H since it is a match. But in the manual there is no picture or close-up of the front axle assembly where it comes off the pto and goes back to the deck, if anyone has a picture or knows of where I could get this information I would appreciate it.

SmilinSam
Goes back to the deck??? It sounds like you are running the mower off the engine pto shaft. Does the T-16 have a front electric clutch? If it does you have an AC built unit that is really not much like the 3400 series. I have a few pages here that I could try and send via e-mail if this really is what you have. Also if it is there is a pulley unit that pins to the front hitch that guides the belts back to the mower. Without it you have problems. Sam

Brent_Baumer
On a 3416H the mower is powered by the center PTO, or bevel gear box, not the front of the engine. You should be routing the belt forward toward the deck, not back to the deck if your tractor is the same as a 3416H. Brent

palmrose2
I've got a T16H that is apparently like yours Deck belt goes from the front electric PTO and down around an idler to the deck, then back to the PTO around another idler that is spring loaded for proper tension and easy removal. The two idlers are mounted to a piece of steel that mounts to the front axel with two pins. It is an assembly itself. Do you have this? IMHO this setup beats the Simp/center PTO hands down. I just wish it was easy to adapt the Simp deep deck that I use on my 3112-v. Man I love that deck. Also wish that I had a homelight blower. Trade 4 Simp?