Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Seasonal Fixups

HubbardRA

Many of you know that I do quite a bit of repair and modifications to tractors and whatever. I just thought I would show a couple of pictures of my latest project. It got some nice thank you's and good comments from the people that I built it for. This was a stable for the Children's Christmas Service at our church Christmas Eve.

It comes apart into four parts, the top, the back, and the two ends. Only 12 screws to remove to take it apart. It stores nicely for future usage. I purchased the 2x4s, but the remainder of the boards came from the free wooden pallets that I got from Craigslist. I don't think it looks too bad since I made it from scraps. Took almost as long to stain it as it did to build it. Used over a quart of stain.

Nice job Rod, but did you secure the correct permits and use all Union workers in the construction? Is the church zoned for barns on their property. Boy are you gonna get it...... Hope you get all the Kudos you can handle from this.

Great work Rod. Does it come apart so they can store it and use it again next year? I wouldn't want to see all that fine work used only once.

Bill, It comes apart into four pieces, top, back, and both ends. I kept it small for storage. The parts are only about 3 foot by 6 foot, so it could be easily stored in a 8 foot shed. Only 12, 3 inch long screws that hold the 4 pieces together. Since the screw goes through two 2x4s and holds them together, it only has to be backed out 1/2 way and can be left in the other piece for storage This way there is less screw loss and stripping. It can be erected or taken down in less that 5 minutes. I can do it by myself, but it is a little easier with another person to help lift the roof on to the top. That is the heaviest part. I tried to keep the pieces as light as possible, but still look like a stable stall, and also be sturdy enough to not become a safety hazard with children.

Rod Been thinking of ibuilding something like that for outside scene. I am not a carpenter so it won't look nearly as good as yours. Beautiful!

• 4 months later...
Computer glitch, and it posted in the wrong place. Been having some problems with this laptop lately. The touch pad does weird things sometimes. That picture was supposed to be in a message sent to Levi. Muffler had nothing to do with this topic.