Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
tripleguy

Sunstar snow cab on a Sovereign?? Help?

tripleguy
Anyone mod a Sunstar cab to fit a Sovereign? I'd like to hear from someone who has done this before as it may save me some time or at least trial and error fitting. What was needed to be done to get this cab to fit? Looks like at the least, it's too high in front. Thank you!

Brettw
It depends upon your fab skills. It may be a bit of work, but if it keeps the snow and wind off it may be worth the effort. There are a lot of potential mounting points on the rear of the Sovereign. Raise the back and move it back and it may work out just fine. If it is a hard cab I think the effort woudl be worth it. Otherwise you should be able to sell the Sunstar cab and get a correct Sovereign cab for a similar dollar amount. Keep in mind, cabs are hard to come by, and harder at a reasonable price.

comet66
What kind of cab is it? If it is a soft cab it should be easy enough to make a new frame for it. If you can weld and bend pipe thinwall conduit works nicely. If not some aluminum angle bolted together is easy to work with. Just hang the doors and curtains on the new frame.

tripleguy
Thanks fellas. I'm in WI but think I might have it sold. The cab is in very nice shape - it would be a shame to start cutting on it. Think I'll part ways with it and keep looking for a proper one.

hotrodtractor
Bill there is one near Racine on CL that seems a great price but older style fiberglass not plastic top. I sold my older style 7000/7100 cab a couple weeks back for $525 so they do go for a premium this time of year. I saw a few this summer for $100 to $200.. i should have bought them and held on to them until winter. FYI I think for about $800 you can order all the parts from OTC brand new.. but could be wrong.