Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
MPH

Chute Rod Swivel

HubbardRA
Marty, I am a little dense tonight. I don't understand what you are asking for. Are you talking about the mount for the end of the rod on the snowblower? Or are you looking for a way to put a swivel in the center of the rod to make it work at an angle?

HubbardRA
Sorry, I can't help on that one. I faintly remember seeing a post about that at one time, but don't remember any details. If you had both a forward and rear support on the rod, then a swivel with a shorter piece of rod down to the blower, that would work. Mount the front support a little ways forward of the clutch pedal, then you should have a couple feet of rod between the swivel and blower. I would want the swivel to be positioned directly above the front axle pivot for the hitch, that way it should move properly as the blower goes up and down. My two cents.

MPH
Thanks Rod, that's in line with my thinking of placement. I'm sure there has been a few done here, after cab's became the thing to have for snow blowing but before the electric craz. Thought Sam had done one early on.