Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Lazy Sunday Drive

jlasater

Sunday 6:30 AM - My brother and I left South Jersey to pick up some Simplicity “stuff”. Noon - Picked up revitalizer from club member John Suprono (East Hampton, CT). 3:00 PM - Quick visit with a ‘Nam buddy of my brother’s (Brooklyn, CT). 5:30 PM - Picked up tiller from club member Al Brown (Melrose, MA). 10:30 PM - Quick visit with a buddy of mine (Keene, NH). Monday 2:00 AM - (Why do wives start yawning after Midnight..?) 5:30 AM - Saw beautiful sunrise coming out of Vermont into New York. 9:30 AM - Returned home. My wife looked into the pick up bed, then looked at her watch and said, “Nice, very nice.” I think she must like the “stuff.” It was really great spending a (long) day alone with my brother, and meeting John and Al. My brother and his Brooklyn, CT buddy want me to return in October to attend the club get together. Unlike Will Rogers, I have met a few men I didn’t like. However, none have been members of the Simple trACtors Club. This is a super hobby with many hidden benefits.

Herb, 27 hours, are you nuts? Are you going to Brooklyn? Glad to have met you and your brother! John

My wife thinks I'm nuts whether I'm home, away, asleep, or awake. I'll probably be coming to Brooklyn in October, but not with the Gypsy Wagon. I'm not that nuts.