Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Tricked-out Snow Cab Electricals......Done

GLPointon

I added a defogger fan in my Snow Cab recently.

I am going to also add a dome light inside and a yellow Beacon light outside on top. So I decided to make a 3-gang switch panel and mount the interior dome light on it too.

I bought 3 switches with lighted indicators on them (so I dont forget to shut them off) and a license plate light to use inside as the dome light...

I'll give it a quick Simplicity red paint job and while that dries... I'll start making the switch panel wiring harness

MORE TO COME TOMARROW: (sorry but its 3:30am)

Greg, Looks like a really nice set up. Do you have a heater in the cab? I have nothing in mine and just a set of LED headlights mounted on it, I don't think I have enough electric capacity to run much else, but just having the cab is really nice. Good luck with yours, you will love it, if we ever get any snow! About 1 or 2 inches here in Oshkosh Wisconsin, had rain overnight changing to snow but only to be about 2 inches, they say. Steve

Used tie wraps to hole mine, so could swivel to right location, and move up and down some. Worked well last year and hoping this if we get some snow. Added a switch this year, as just looped the wires together last year due to time.

Like your idea of the switch location. Mounted mine one the left fender inside the cab. I used small LED strips behind me to help light the cab if needed. Have not worried about the power draw, as both are not much.

Have a great New Year!

No heater Steve. I thought about it but an electric htr that will make a differance is way to much amp draw. It was in the upper 40's here in NW Indiana today...Spookywch
quote:
Originally posted by steve-wis
Greg, Looks like a really nice set up. Do you have a heater in the cab? I have nothing in mine and just a set of LED headlights mounted on it, I don't think I have enough electric capacity to run much else, but just having the cab is really nice. Good luck with yours, you will love it, if we ever get any snow! About 1 or 2 inches here in Oshkosh Wisconsin, had rain overnight changing to snow but only to be about 2 inches, they say. Steve

Thanks John, I think your fan mount may have been the inspiration for mine. I used rubber-lined brake line clamps to mount my fan. they are snug but can still be slid up/down or pivot too. And your right the LED's are very low amp draw. Nice cab sm01
quote:
Originally posted by JohnMBerst
Used tie wraps to hole mine, so could swivel to right location, and move up and down some. Worked well last year and hoping this if we get some snow. Added a switch this year, as just looped the wires together last year due to time.
[img]/club2/attach/JohnMBerst/6216 Fan.JPG[/img]
Like your idea of the switch location. Mounted mine one the left fender inside the cab. I used small LED strips behind me to help light the cab if needed. Have not worried about the power draw, as both are not much.
[img]/club2/attach/JohnMBerst/IMG_0321.JPG[/img]
Have a great New Year!

I got the wiring done on the panel and from the fan, light, & roof:

I took the main power to the panel directly from a fuse attached to the battery to keep the current out of the ignition switch and its easier to disconnect when cab is removed in the spring...

Red switch=Dome light Yellow switch=Beacon light Blue switch=Fan

The next few pics I took with the camera flash off to check the light output, so there a bit shakey with the long exposures...

The next pic is my dash switches for the Electric Lift & Spout Rotator I installed recently too.

I haven't purchased the Beacon light for the roof yet so I have the circuit all ready to go when the time comes...

This was a fun way to spend my New Yrs days off work... The weather man says we have a chance for a big snow 1" to 14" I'm sure it will be the 1"...if that (My tire chains have not touched snow yet this season) sm01 Thanks...

Great job, and IF C we ever get snow, you sure will enjoy using all of the new stuff. Like the switch location, and very neat install.

Looks great! If we'd ever get any stinking snow, I'd be able to get excited about winter. But we are in a snow-drought here :(

Looks GREAT. Like the lighted switches. Not sure about the defogger around here, that wind chill factor you know.:)

Super job, I have a 12 volt electric heater that draws 30 amps, way to much for our tractors, and it wouldn't do much in a soft cab but maybe defrost the windshield.

I agree, I'm just happy keeping the frigid windchill and snow from hitting me. I can dress for the temps...
quote:
Originally posted by larry8200
Super job, I have a 12 volt electric heater that draws 30 amps, way to much for our tractors, and it wouldn't do much in a soft cab but maybe defrost the windshield.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• ShaunE
    • B10Dave
    • maxwood
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts