Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Putter

23D update

Putter
Recieved my engine from UPS. The coil conversion is OK but I will need to relocate the coil to fit in my Landlord, it interferes with the grill. I will try and post some pictures later. Put on my carb as the original was leaking. A few new wires and a switch and it fired right up. Of course the two coupling bolts for the drivshaft are up at the property 60mi away (100km) so I can't tell how the unit will work under a load but thanks to Bill at Sandy Lake I should be cutting grass this weekend.

MPH
No confusion caused Kent, just hopin when I redo my725 it is all 725 instead of some B112 like my B112 appears to be. Thanks for the update. MPH

Kent
The engines used Allis-Chalmers B-1s, early B-10s and Big Tens were all painted yellow. In late '66 or early '67, when the B-12 was introduced, Allis starting using black engines and transmissions.... Sounds like an Allis-Chalmers engine, since all Simplicity engines were black as far as I know....

MPH
Kent, were the Briggs in the 725's black also? Mine is the same faded orange as the rest of the tractor so I figured it was all factory yet. MPH

Kent
Mel, I stand corrected -- the 700 and 725s do appear to have orange engines. Simplicity seems to have gone to black engines as early as 1964, with the 9HP Landlord (below) though Allis didn't go to black engines until the late 1966 or early 1967 with the Bumblebees (B-12/late B-10) era.... Sorry if I caused any confusion. http://www.simpletractors.com/images/new_in_1964/landlord_pg1_small.jpg